2022 Tundra compared to 300 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ultimately, I think Ford's approach is the better one, and customers will appreciate having a hybrid truck that can actually power tools and their house. If you have to replace the battery sooner, so be it.

IMO a much bigger use-case is powering a travel trailer. With Ford's onboard generator there's no need to haul a stand-alone generator, make noise (the running truck will be WAY quieter than any generator), carry extra fuel for the generator, worry about it being stolen, etc. Ford's setup makes a ton of sense for those with travel trailers. I really, really wish Toyota had offered something similar.

So it looks like the new Tundra will be available with a rear locker and MTS. TRD Pro on 33" Falken tires. Not bad, and I think that combined with all the interior improvements (UX/Infotainment looks actually impressive for once), it will be a great truck. More solid, more powerful, more efficient, a more refined ride, and overall more technologically advanced.

Maybe it'll even have CarPlay/Android Auto like my 6 year old VW. 😬

Maybe it'll even have CarPlay/Android Auto like my 6 year old VW. 😬

It does.

Hopefully the head unit won't be freezing and crashing once per day (like on so many 3rd gen Tacomas - mine, my buddy's, etc.), and will actually work as it's intended to!

Tundra now has adjustable suspension? Is it AHC?

Laser welded fully boxed frame - same strength as LC 300?

Front suspension looks identical to 300 including the aluminum knuckles.

@Onur have any technical white papers comparing how far apart or similar the two are?

Sorry. Technical details have not been released via TIS, yet. I’d assume about 30 days out from dealer delivery is when we will see technical data populate Toyota consumption web portals.

I like the new tundra, that iforce max is pushing out awesome torque numbers. The tundra finally has a locking rear diff and crawl control, I wonder if the crawl control is updated like the LC300 which has a much quieter crawl system.

A just for fun picture of what if the Tundra had the LC300's front.
8900090bb33bf72469c6b2640264369ee0e2fc4cd96c8fadec4659539470da86.jpg

I like the new tundra, that iforce max is pushing out awesome torque numbers. The tundra finally has a locking rear diff and crawl control, I wonder if the crawl control is updated like the LC300 which has a much quieter crawl system.

Since its now a platform vehicle, probably.

Unofficial Sequoia render:
next-gen-toyota-sequoia-unofficial-renderings.jpg
Unofficial Sequoia render:

I really like the renders, We have to remember that since its a now a platform build, there is a limited amount that toyota can stray from the core design. Right now, if you offered me that render for 60k vs a LC for 90k, I am taking the Sequoia, every time.

A just for fun picture of what if the Tundra had the LC300's front.
8900090bb33bf72469c6b2640264369ee0e2fc4cd96c8fadec4659539470da86.jpg
I like this render. Kind of reminds me of what Ford did with the F150 and Expedition a while ago. Essentially the same vehicle in front of the second row. For my personal tastes, I like that the truck and suv styling look essentially the same. I’m sure the Tundra and Sequoia will be that, but it would have been nice it it was the LC300 and the Tundra instead. I prefer the LC300 grill to the whale shark open mouth look that has taken the US market full size trucks and SUV’s by storm.

I really like the renders, We have to remember that since its a now a platform build, there is a limited amount that toyota can stray from the core design. Right now, if you offered me that render for 60k vs a LC for 90k, I am taking the Sequoia, every time.
man i would love a long wheel base toyota competitor to the expedition max or suburban. i have 4 kids and the extra space in the back would be so good.

man i would love a long wheel base toyota competitor to the expedition max or suburban. i have 4 kids and the extra space in the back would be so good.
I feel you man. I have 4 kids as well. The LC has no space in the back once you load up a family of 6. Another buddy of mine was seriously considering Toyota because of my word, but went Suburban for the same reason. Needed the extra storage space with a family of 6 and a dog.

Suburbans are great, but for people moving, that third row is atrocious for adults. For younger kids, you may be able to get away with it. Minivans have really nailed the people moving thing.

And now the efficiency thing, with the Sienna hybrid. Hard to beat unless you're towing something heavy on the regular.

I feel you man. I have 4 kids as well. The LC has no space in the back once you load up a family of 6. Another buddy of mine was seriously considering Toyota because of my word, but went Suburban for the same reason. Needed the extra storage space with a family of 6 and a dog.
same issue with my QX. wonderful for 90% of what i do but i really wish it had an extra foot behind the 3rd row 10% of the time.

And now the efficiency thing, with the Sienna hybrid. Hard to beat unless you're towing something heavy on the regular.
eh i had a sienna and it was very nice, but no interest in any more minivans. ill probably replace the QX with a expedition max here soon, unless something amazing comes from toyota on the 3rd gen sequoia

eh i had a sienna and it was very nice, but no interest in any more minivans. ill probably replace the QX with a expedition max here soon, unless something amazing comes from toyota on the 3rd gen sequoia
With 4 kids you're living a lie! 😂

Man, I wish minivans could hang where I live. When we visit the states, I feel like I’m living it up when renting a minivan. Everything is just so freaking easy. Auto opening sidereal doors, heaps of space for strollers, groceries and whatever else you wanna chuck in there. Still accelerates well, doesn’t sag in the back and carries a family of 6 with aplomb. If Toyota made a 4x4 minivan, I’d seriously give it a look as a second vehicle, but not my primary bush vehicle. Especially if it was based on a TNGA platform that was available in Africa. Would make spares easier to get.

Just in case this isn't discussed yet.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom