2021 STLCA New Year’s Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
8021C11A-98F1-4CFE-A9B6-317F481C52ED.png

First ride of 2021. Our Annual New Year’s Ride... Sometimes cold and sometimes wet, but always a great time!

Who’s brave enough?

We'll meet at 2605 B Mine Rd Tracy City, TN 37387 Friday January 1st 2021 at 9:00 AM CST and ride into the Cove from there. We'll be camping Friday and Saturday night and heading home Sunday, January 3rd. Bring food, water and camping gear for the weekend. Be prepared for any type of weather as it can change quickly in the area.

Last edited:
Unlike recent years, the 2021 New Years Ride will not be an expedition style ride. We will be camping on the property of Coalmont OHV, an in progress off road park that the STLCA has a hand in helping build. We will be setting up camp on the park property and doing day runs into the cove on Friday and Saturday.

For those who have never been to Coppinger Cove, this is not a stock friendly ride. It’s highly suggested to have sliders, skids and good all terrain/mud terrain tires at a minimum. There is always the potential for body damage and there are a lot of water crossings. Water crossing depth depends on how much rain the region gets during the days leading up to the ride. We will not put anyone in any danger, but there have been times where water levels rose unexpectedly while we were down there.

I am probably going to make this, I have an 8-9hr drive though, does anyone camp out the night before?

I am probably going to make this, I have an 8-9hr drive though, does anyone camp out the night before?

You could camp at the trailhead the night before if you like.

You could camp at the trailhead the night before if you like.
@cruisermatt There is a Trials Training center/course right before the entrance that has lots of camping area.
300 Woodland Rd, Sequatchie, TN 37374

@cruisermatt There is a Trials Training center/course right before the entrance that has lots of camping area.

plans are still formulating but the Florida crew may be doing a few days at Windrock first, may just leave Knoxville really early Friday morning, we'll see as we get closer

We will be going in off of B Mine Rd and not Coppinger Cove Rd. If you want to camp Thursday night, I would advise camping where we’ll be camping all weekend at the Coalmont OHV park.

a few of us from Florida will be wheeling at Windrock 27th-31st before heading to Coalmont if anyone wants to join. Driving up tomorrow. campsite 12

Last edited:
Anyone able to bring a 9.5” 4.11 third member with them?
EDIT. We got one, see y’all tonight

Last edited:
Was wondering the same. With the heavy rain and new in and out in the same day arrangement, was wondering how it went.

How was camping in the new park?

Was wondering the same. With the heavy rain and new in and out in the same day arrangement, was wondering how it went.

How was camping in the new park?
I bet all of the hard work Roger and the team have done on that park has paid off. The old school expedition style New Year's ride isn't for everyone, and having the ability to wheel during the day and come back to base camp will be very family friendly and comfortable for the gang.

cheers

thanks for putting on a awesome weekend. The Florida crew had a killer time. Can't wait to get back there and explore some more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom