2021 LC slight vibrations on drivers side mirror and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

guerasfj60

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello. I just purchased a 2021 LC HE and I have a couple of questions for the forum.

Anyone else experience slight vibrations on their driver mirror while driving down the highway? Passenger is solid.

The handbrake/parking brake pads are dragging (will barely coast down my driveway and burnt smell is obvious). What should I expect from the dealer? New pads?

Did the HE come with only the rubber mats? or also the carpet version?

TIA

Sounds like the hand brake is adjusted too tight. Dealer should square that and your rattling mirror. Surprised it made it out of POE and dealer prep that way. No such issues on my ‘20 - my hand brake might be a little on the loose side If anything. There is an odd design element comprised of plastic chrome on the mirror cap that does not fit with the vehicle IMO. That piece may not be fully snapped in and could be your culprit on the vibration. Unfortunately, I would make the tedious trip to the dealer to get it sorted. I‘d be interested to hear how you make out. Good luck and and congratulations on the HE.

only got rubber mats with my ‘20 HE.

If you haven’t already read this, I tell all new owners.. any time you bring your cruiser to the dealer lock your glove box and keep the key blade!! MANY of us have had the AC recirculate door broken while their quick oil change guys check the cabin filter to see if it’s dirty. The warning sticker in there on later models isn’t enough, nor is telling the advisor not to let anyone in there. Just lock them out of causing damage.

If you haven’t already read this, I tell all new owners.. any time you bring your cruiser to the dealer lock your glove box and keep the key blade!! MANY of us have had the AC recirculate door broken while their quick oil change guys check the cabin filter to see if it’s dirty. The warning sticker in there on later models isn’t enough, nor is telling the advisor not to let anyone in there. Just lock them out of causing damage.
You have a 21 already? What color?

yikes, definitely need to have them fix these issues.
Also, Congrats will last you a life time, enjoy.

Yeah crazy 2021’s are out ... makes my 2019 feel so old ... LOL
Maybe Japan was rushing to get as many new models off the line with all the Covid 19 shut downs . Japan Toyota is usually pretty good quality control .

I‘d be interested to hear how you make out.
Not sure yet :)
I went to the dealer near my home and was told that it wasn’t the handbrake but the Crawl/Hill Assist function. Regarding the vibrations, he said “ that’s how it is and if enough complaints, Toyota will issue a TSB”.
Definitely not satisfied but I haven’t read the manual yet. I know the mirrors turn upwards when in reverse and the LC doesn’t always roll back in neutral (incline).

Not sure yet :)
I went to the dealer near my home and was told that it wasn’t the handbrake but the Crawl/Hill Assist function. Regarding the vibrations, he said “ that’s how it is and if enough complaints, Toyota will issue a TSB”.
Definitely not satisfied but I haven’t read the manual yet. I know the mirrors turn upwards when in reverse and the LC doesn’t always roll back in neutral (incline).
Oh, man! A Crawl Control issue does not sound like an easy fix or one that the typical dealership techs will be studied in. I was thinking, on the mirror, can you ride in another 2021 LC at the dealership and see if the same vibration is present? Perhaps it is only intermittent so that might not be a definitive test - just a thought. Also posting a video showing the issue can assist in gettin help from the Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom