2021 4x4 Labs group buy info. (March 15-30) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@InDaWoods

I’m going factory 6M1 (emerald green) and the good paint too! (PPG, 2 stage base and clear) I’ll post on my build thread about the paint, this bumper and other stuff I’ve been up to this year.

6991F505-3B4E-464B-BE74-2C467040D201.jpeg

@InDaWoods

I’m going factory 6M1 (emerald green) and the good paint too! (PPG, 2 stage base and clear) I’ll post on my build thread about the paint, this bumper and other stuff I’ve been up to this year.

View attachment 2626536

I would love to paint my rig, but paintwork is soo expensive, particularly here in CA. Luckily I don't have the clearcoat peeling away or anything like that. If I did paint it, I would no longer want to drive it with reckless abandon while out hunting or wheeling. I have enough pinstripes that I can't count new ones. Post up your results!

I would love to paint my rig, but paintwork is soo expensive, particularly here in CA. Luckily I don't have the clearcoat peeling away or anything like that. If I did paint it, I would no longer want to drive it with reckless abandon while out hunting or wheeling. I have enough pinstripes that I can't count new ones. Post up your results!
If you want something quick and cheap hit up a Maaco. $600. :p

Has anyone called around for a powder coating quote yet? Just curious to have an idea of what it’s going to cost.

It's on the menu. Or are you referring to welding your own and having it coated locally? Based on other projects I have had done, my local.guy would be $300-400.

Last edited:
Has anyone called around for a powder coating quote yet? Just curious to have an idea of what it’s going to cost.

It's $100 for powder coating, which is a stellar deal. But it's built into the cost. If you order "built with no paint" you save $100

Have you looked at the site? Pricing is all laid out.

Yes I already placed my order with this group buy for the kit. Going to weld it up when it gets here and source a local PC company.

REMINDER: 1 more day left for this GB.....

Thanks for the reminder, I almost spaced out and missed it! Ended up going with the double swing w/ tire carrier and ladder. I can just add the bike rack to the ladder if I go that way right? Also would a general mechanic do the cut/install or is this more a body shop type call?

Thanks for the reminder, I almost spaced out and missed it! Ended up going with the double swing w/ tire carrier and ladder. I can just add the bike rack to the ladder if I go that way right? Also would a general mechanic do the cut/install or is this more a body shop type call?

I think its more of a DIY kind of thing. Break out the sawzall and get to work!

A body shop could do it but a mechanic could also. All you need is an angel grinder. The frame metal is not that thick at all. Once you have good measurements, wear your safety gear and cut it off.

Got my order in. I already have a Labs bumper for my 5th gen 4Runner but wanted to change up my swingout attachments. I have a dual swing out with tire carrier and ladder. Well I rarely ever use the ladder as I never really put anything on the roof that I can't access by just stepping up on the door sills or tires. Will swap out the ladder for a 2 can carrier with fold down table and 5lb propane tank accommodations.

Thanks for setting up the GB!!!

I had 4x4 Labs weld on a 2" hitch receiver to one of my swing arms. That way I can add any bike rack to it and take it off as needed.

Got my order in. I already have a Labs bumper for my 5th gen 4Runner but wanted to change up my swingout attachments. I have a dual swing out with tire carrier and ladder. Well I rarely ever use the ladder as I never really put anything on the roof that I can't access by just stepping up on the door sills or tires. Will swap out the ladder for a 2 can carrier with fold down table and 5lb propane tank accommodations.

I had 4x4 Labs weld on a 2" hitch receiver to one of my swing arms. That way I can add any bike rack to it and take it off as needed.

Going to do something similar for bike rack. .

That sounds awesome- so did you remove the factory hitch or are you dual hitched? Also like the table idea... Didn’t see that in the catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom