2020 Magnuson Supercharger... Well Maybe...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hounded Magnuson for a few years about making another run of superchargers for my 1997 FZJ80, when they called and said they were going to do it I was blown away by the price.

$4500-$5k was in my mind as fair, I know, I know got to pay to play. Before you bark at me it's just an observation and opinion.

Joey's turbo numbers look a lot more appealing. Additionally after reading many reviews of the turbo and its performance it sounds like it would be a lot more fun to drive especially with my 4:88.

I'm still on the fence and I suppose if I'm honest with myself deep down I'd love to find a fairly priced used TRD supercharger, I do live in Cali after all.... So there's that.

If anyone knows of a used supercharger I'm interested. As the chief mechanic, and I consider myself caretaker rather than an owner/user of my rig I don't plan to sell the 80. I planned to pass it on to my children. That supercharger would be going to a forever home.

Does anyone know the original factory part number for the supercharger?
So I have what may be the only new in box TRD kit, however there could be 1 or two more out there. I paid turbo pricing for mine, which is still less than what Magnuson wanted if they could get 50 pre orders, that never happened. Really comes down to need for smog. A @NLXTACY Turbo kit at 6k is a bargain in this market. For all those in the market waiting it will be sad, as I guarantee manufacturing costs and inflation will make a kit like that 8k in a hurry. New cruiser owners will have no issue paying that, as these are not cheap rigs any more. I know other people are in process with supercharger kits, however personally if it's not smog legal and the same price I am choosing turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom