2019 Road Trip & Nt’l Park Extravaganza (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Day 8: Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon was soooooo amazing! I really wanted to do some hiking there, but all the “easy” trails were closed either due to snow or repairs, and I wasn’t about to be one of those people who needs to be rescued because they didn’t know their limitations lol. I did find one trail that I could partially complete. This trail started in a canyon and worked its way up. The Mormon settlers hand-dug a 12-mile-long canyon that would carry water down to the town of Tropic so that they had a reliable source of water all year long.

24890510-DD39-4974-83BC-60FB534B2AA1.jpeg

465A417B-F35D-4437-9BEC-F379BD4CEAE6.jpeg

7027525B-7626-4B6C-BE3D-2FBD7764034F.jpeg

9B8C693E-D208-444C-8EE6-831531B53016.jpeg

890DAE70-709D-455C-8B80-E8F68B93EC5F.jpeg

Bryce Canyon. Ruby's Inn. The best T-bone I've ever had … never to be repeated.

Day 9: Zion National Park

This was one of my favorite stops. I should’ve planned for another day here, but who knew yet another storm was going to rain on my parade. I only had a half-day here, but what a wonderful day. I got to hike along the Virgin River, I got to see the Court of the Patriarchs and I was able to see a rock weeping like it’s heart was broken into a million pieces. I also got to drive through about a 1 to 2-mile-long tunnel built directly into the rock of the mountainside.

The tunnel that I drove through, was not fun. Others will absolutely love it, but for those of us who hate dark cramped places, it’s a nightmare hahaha. There were “windows” that were more just cutouts in the rock wall placed just far enough away from each other that as my panic was reaching its peak, there was a window of light to calm myself down. What came after the tunnel made the panic so worth it.

Hiking along the Virgin River, I got hike in the canyon among the cottonwoods and rushing river.

The Court of the Patriarchs consists of 3 peaks named after 3 of the most prominent figures in the Old Testament: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Unlike a lot of the history behind Utah's national parks, these 3 peaks were named by a Methodist minister, Frederick Vining Fisher, in 1916.

Weeping Rock was amazing to see. I love seeing how life can cling to existence in such harsh environments. The little bit of water that was being forced out of the rock has created such a wondrous little oasis. Hanging gardens of plants that you typically wouldn’t see in a desert climate.

I’m definitely going back to Zion National Park. But this time, I’m going to stay a couple of days to explore more deeply.

A993D796-40C9-4060-9950-13C97DD1DF40.jpeg

267564CF-D1DB-4E55-8E50-5BC9F206B7F2.jpeg

57DCD52B-AB84-417A-8D1B-EEB90E8FA2F1.jpeg

A68FD3E1-B6BE-4AEF-81C3-260D14113BF8.jpeg

A2CDA19F-9D8A-4BBD-93B6-2825FE97C6A7.jpeg

Awesome pictures. I always leave my phone in the truck and never get any pictures when I go places.

Day 9: Zion Nt’l Park Cont.

There were lots of animals out and about too, surprising given the amount of humans that were tromping around.

Were you accosted by any begging squirrels? That was one of the scariest things I experienced at Zion. I couldn't open any sort of food wrapper/snack without them practically climbing my leg to steal it.

Were you accosted by any begging squirrels? That was one of the scariest things I experienced at Zion. I couldn't open any sort of food wrapper/snack without them practically climbing my leg to steal it.

No I wasn’t, thank god. Those lil f*@$ers are bold lol. I really wasn’t trying to get the plague on this trip, so I kept my eating in the park down to a minimum.

So awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom