2018 Three Feathers Mfg. 'Trail Head'

I like your trailer, makes me (once again) dream of owning my own some day.

Welcome to the Mr. Buddy Club!!! For your heater, this video is worth a quick watch. Also read the first comment under the video (it's from an engineer with the company - very useful).

I've been using one of these for probably 8 years - zero problems (1 lb. cylinders only).

Cheers!

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
I like your trailer, makes me (once again) dream of owning my own some day.

Welcome to the Mr. Buddy Club!!! For your heater, this video is worth a quick watch. Also read the first comment under the video (it's from an engineer with the company - very useful).

I've been using one of these for probably 8 years - zero problems (1 lb. cylinders only).

Cheers!
Thanks for the compliment and also the Youtube link. There was a printout and note in the instructions that were in the box mentioning about the importance of the filter. The video and comment helps to understand it. Thanks again!

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
So been home for a couple of weeks and got time and weather to work on the heater. It's working out better than I thought that it would. Wanted to hang the heater on the wall under the passenger side window, near where the LPG hose portal that I fabbed. I need to get a scrap of plywood and not rely on the paneling for strength. This little heater really warms up the cabin fast. I believe I'll be able to also use it under my AluCab awning with the wall kit setup.
IMG_1934a.JPG

The hose is a very useful length. With the tank outlet pointed towards front of trailer, it gives options of where I can set heater in cabin. If I wall mount the heater I can leave the tank outlet pointed rearwards which is the same config for running my cooking stove. It's long enough to reach the ground and point the heater toward the galley or to the space by the fender.
IMG_1935a.JPG

There's a real pucker factor when drilling a 3" hole in the side of your trailer hoping you don't hit anything in the walls such as wiring. Luckily it was just a ground connection. The insulation got damaged, but there was enough slack to be able to cut out the bad and install a butt splice fix.
IMG_1926a.JPG

IMG_1928a.JPG

Weather stripping and silicone on outside and fabbed up redneck trim on the inside. Cut a piece of foam rubber to sit inside the portal to keep out dust and small insects when traveling. Cut a slit in the foam and it can be crammed around hose to provide a seal during use of heater in cabin.
IMG_1929a.JPG

You can see foam piece inside black
IMG_1933a.JPG

Last edited:

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Those Mr. Heater / Buddy are no joke - I have one in my boat & even w/o the top up, you keep the floor area nice & warm!

I had a carpeted interior vertical footwell wall up by the DR & PS - I stripped the carpet & put AL diamond plate to reduce flammable material & mounted nine like yours w/ a remote C3 cylinder behind the PS (LS in most boats) - the same/close hose as yours, my regulator is on the cyl end like a BBQ but it was still some 6’ + of hose in the kit from Mr. Heater.

It’s super nice having hot air swirling on days you’re out before sunrise :cool:

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
Those Mr. Heater / Buddy are no joke - I have one in my boat & even w/o the top up, you keep the floor area nice & warm!

I had a carpeted interior vertical footwell wall up by the DR & PS - I stripped the carpet & put AL diamond plate to reduce flammable material & mounted nine like yours w/ a remote C3 cylinder behind the PS (LS in most boats) - the same/close hose as yours, my regulator is on the cyl end like a BBQ but it was still some 6’ + of hose in the kit from Mr. Heater.

It’s super nice having hot air swirling on days you’re out before sunrise :cool:
Agreed! I'm impressed with this little guy! My brother in law, whose helped me with mods to this trailer was with me in Costco when we saw the heaters on sale, talked me into getting one. It's so versatile - I can even use it in my garage or in the house as a back up when the power fails. Of course it's limited, but strategically placed, it can make your life a little easier - especially when the chill sets in.

Now....what to do in the desert when it's 110*F in the shade and there is no shade.....🥵 Normal people would stay out of the desert at such times, but us 80 owners aren't normal😎

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
I got to thinking when figuring on how I was going to hang the heater on the wall that the small plywood trim piece would be better if I just removed it and cut a bigger piece that would also support the heater, so that's what I did. The paneling is as thick as the plywood (3/8") so the section of wall under the window is now twice as thick and IMHO, beefy enough to support the heater when in use. Hose will reach propane tank in it's mount with no problem, whatever direction the fitting is facing.
IMG_1944a.JPG
IMG_1943a.JPG

Originally on the wall under the window there was a net pocket that I had removed and was going to relocate. Turns out it would still work fine except when heater was hanging on the wall. Just have to remove whatever was stored in it. Heater is above the mattress if I ever put the original queen size back in.
IMG_1946a.JPG

What it looks like finished with out heater.
IMG_1947a.JPG

I'm pretty pleased with the results. The heater doesn't impose too much into the sleeping area. Not as convenient or efficient as a forced air furnace, which is what I originally was leaning toward, but I think the Buddy is totally adequate and I think, more versatile since I can bring it out in the annex if I want.

Last edited:

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
Just noticed an issue with the tires on my Ark XO750 Jockey Wheel tongue jack. On one the tread has actually broken and both have what I consider to be premature wear. The rating on the jack is 750 KG which is 1653 lbs and my tongue weight is no where near that. The only use the tires have seen is being pushed around my concrete driveway occasionally, so nothing out of the ordinary. I've emailed Ark and waiting for a reply. Here's a pic taken tonight, but shows the wear and broken tread.
IMG_2007a.JPG

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
Ark was founded in Australia and I mistakenly contacted them 1st. They were ready to ship me new wheels 'free of charge" until they realized I was in the USA. Turned over to Ark USA and their reply was "Please send some images when possible and I will see what we can do for you." So should find out soon if Ark USA will honor the "home team's" intention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom