2018 Three Feathers Mfg. 'Trail Head'

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star

Took a short drive with the trailer in tow and decided to take some pics. Trailer and LC weren't loaded for a trip but some exterior pics were in order. Tongue appears to be riding almost perfectly horizontal, which is good. Looks like the hitch jack wheel might help keep the tongue off the ground in knarly terrain.

IMG_1375a.JPG

Offset front and rear shots

IMG_1376 (2).JPG

IMG_1374a.JPG

The trailer wheels track with the outside edge a couple inches outside of the LC's track. I'll have to keep that in mind offroad.

IMG_1377a.JPG

IMG_1378a.JPG

Last edited:

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star

I'm satisfied with the tongue and Maxcoupler clearance at almost 90*. The spare tire might contact the tongue on an extremely tight RH maneuver in rough terrain.

IMG_1379a.JPG

IMG_1380a.JPG

You can see the Anderson connector in this shot.

IMG_1381a.JPG

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star

Got a little crazy and hooked it up to my F350 to see how it tows it. I'm not sure if the truck knew it was there.:meh: I couldn't tell the difference - unless I checked the mirrors. I had to make some changes on the 7 pin trailer connector on the truck, anyway. So, I made sure it was compatible to tow this trailer. Normally, my Lance slide-in camper is connected through that connector. The PO had modified the connections, so I had to eliminate a wire connected to a pin to be compatible. It wasn't used anyway, so it wasn't a problem. It seems easier to back up with the F350. I guess the longer wheel base helps.

IMG_1403 (2).JPG

ntsqd

technerd

What I've recently learned to do when backing up a short trailer is the make short steering inputs and then return to center. Make a stab, center the wheel while moving. If it wasn't enough make another stab and the return to center. Short trailers are too responsive for continuous steering input. Longer WB TR's do make it easier because they aren't too responsive to direction changes.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star

Makes sense. That's probably why semi drivers can look so good at warehouses. Plus repetition makes them even better. Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom