Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May I suggest that you test your factory jack now to see if its still useable with a suspension modification and larger tires. Factory jack bottle jacks, floor jacks are for maintenance. Hi Lift Jack is for recovery.

Why are you not a fan of the Hi Lift? It's by far the most useful, cost effect piece of recovery equipment available.
I use a 4x6 wood block underneath and it works great and lifts the vehicle high enough.
I’ve heard and seen horror stories with the hi lift tipping over.

But I’ll be ordering a taller bottle Jack for sure

I use a 4x6 wood block underneath and it works great and lifts the vehicle high enough.

With proper training the Hi Lift is extremely effective.

Only time I've ever seen a HighLift tip is either:
  1. Parking brake is not set or no wheel chucks and the vehicle rolls.
  2. The HighLift is not properly footed and is tipping in one direction or another so the higher you go the more the base will want to slide out.
  3. Not using a proper hard point on the vehicle for lifting which will either break something while lifting or break something after lifting and have it fall, hopefully without you under the rig.
When using a HighLift, especially from the side, most people don't consider the fact that the higher one jacks, the more the jack will angle. So when starting to jack, be sure the HighLift is already tilted in the opposite direction (just a little) of the lift. This way, when you get to your stopping point (high enough) the jack should be vertical.
One last point, in soft ground, e.g. mud, snow, sand, etc. you should use a large base under the HighLift base. They sell them just for HighLifts. Or a chunk of 2 x 6 as a base.

Only time I've ever seen a HighLift tip is either:
  1. Parking brake is not set or no wheel chucks and the vehicle rolls.
  2. The HighLift is not properly footed and is tipping in one direction or another so the higher you go the more the base will want to slide out.
  3. Not using a proper hard point on the vehicle for lifting which will either break something while lifting or break something after lifting and have it fall, hopefully without you under the rig.
When using a HighLift, especially from the side, most people don't consider the fact that the higher one jacks, the more the jack will angle. So when starting to jack, be sure the HighLift is already tilted in the opposite direction (just a little) of the lift. This way, when you get to your stopping point (high enough) the jack should be vertical.
One last point, in soft ground, e.g. mud, snow, sand, etc. you should use a large base under the HighLift base. They sell them just for HighLifts. Or a chunk of 2 x 6 as a base.
Good tips! Thanks.

Man with this gorgeous weather we’re having in the PNW I decided to pack the GX and head to pacific beach tomorrow morning. Going to try my hands on some beach fishing.

I cannot wait for us to move up there!

How long are these? Would you be willing to measure them? I am wondering if they will bolt up right under the Prado side skirts without modifications.
I’ll get a measurement tomorrow morning. Got burned to a crisp at the beach and currently sitting on the couch rubbed in aloe Vera haha. But it was worth it.

6EAA4332-44B4-4A81-8E1C-099413AE3EC1.jpeg

BB0F31CC-5C39-4008-AD3E-AF5703C21A99.jpeg

Fun times, great memories!
Yep, the weather is definitely working for beach days now! My family and I just spent 10 hours at our local beach today.

A surform file like this:
Amazon product ASIN B0013HHSIQWill very quickly knock down any high spots and get your line all cleaned up very quickly and easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom