2013 maintenance required reset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've tried the odo/trip button sequence I've seen posted here maybe I'm doing it wrong. But I doubt that since its the same procedure as my older Lexus vehicles. Did something change for '13 plus? Or could someone elaborate on the process? I'm just turning acc on by a single click of start stop then pressing and holding odo/trip button while turning ign on but not starting. Any input appreciated :)

I've tried the odo/trip button sequence I've seen posted here maybe I'm doing it wrong. But I doubt that since its the same procedure as my older Lexus vehicles. Did something change for '13 plus? Or could someone elaborate on the process? I'm just turning acc on by a single click of start stop then pressing and holding odo/trip button while turning ign on but not starting. Any input appreciated :)

I know the following works for reseting the oil maintenance warning... Not sure if it resets for other warnings...but worth a try.

Here is what you do:

-With engine running, hit odo button until you are on Trip A
-Hit engine Start/Stop button to turn off.
-Keep foot off brake pedal (so engine does not start) and press the START button...while continuing to hold down the odo/trip.
-Continue pressing/holding the odo/trip button until the dash display tells you it has reset (about 5 seconds after start).

Markuson

I know the following works for reseting the oil maintenance warning... Not sure if it resets for other warnings...but worth a try.

Here is what you do:

-With engine running, hit odo button until you are on Trip A
-Hit engine Start/Stop button to turn off.
-Keep foot off brake pedal (so engine does not start) and press the START button...while continuing to hold down the odo/trip.
-Continue pressing/holding the odo/trip button until the dash display tells you it has reset (about 5 seconds after start).

Markuson

THANKS! Worked like a charm. I was starting with it displaying total odo not Trip A.

on my '11 the engine doesn't have to be running to reset the oil warning. i just power it up with the button, but no crank, put it on odo A, and then do the above sequence.

on my '11 the engine doesn't have to be running to reset the oil warning. i just power it up with the button, but no crank, put it on odo A, and then do the above sequence.

Ya, I think that works on mine as well. The sequence I listed above is basically straight out of the owner's manual.
Maybe lawyers told them to say power only...but not start... so that people don't go full brainless and lurch the vehicle into some poor oil-change place's pit...

It worked for me. Many thanks!

Thanks X3, been meaning to reset that darn thing for a couple weeks now.
Those instructions worked like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom