How do you reset/calibrate front seat heaters with Techstream? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have weird behavior from my front seat heaters. The drivers seat tend to not warm if it was left on from the last start of the car. Each time the car is started, if you turn the heat off and then on again, it works as expected. The passenger side works fine accept it comes on at one temperature (High) regardless of where it is set (lo, med, hi).

Has anyone messed around with this in Techstream? Vehicle is a 2011 LX570

My first thoughts are you don’t need Techstream, you need to find the electrical problem causing the symptoms. Ever had water inside? I’d look for corroded connections leading to the switches.

My first thoughts are you don’t need Techstream, you need to find the electrical problem causing the symptoms. Ever had water inside? I’d look for corroded connections leading to the switches.
It’s dry, no issues in the 7 years I have had it. Texas car before that. Dry, dry, dry. ;)

Have you checked under the door sill trim? Might even be worth opening the harness connectors and inspecting for corrosion, if it was more wet where you are early in the year.

Texas car doesn't mean it can't have clogged sunroof drains.

AFAIK, There isn’t any sort of calibration in Techstream, but it may be worth checking out anyways. The seat heaters have their own ECU. There are multiple sensor inputs and the switch control all involved. Techstream can tell you if the ECU is receiving proper inputs.

AFAIK, There isn’t any sort of calibration in Techstream, but it may be worth checking out anyways. The seat heaters have their own ECU. There are multiple sensor inputs and the switch control all involved. Techstream can tell you if the ECU is receiving proper inputs.
Thank you, this is the kind of information I was looking for. I have seen a Toyota TSB about failed heaters that involves turning on the heater via Techstream, monitoring them as they heat with Techstream reporting the temp in the s/w. It’s just the TSB doesn’t have any info on where or how to do this in the s/w. It expects the technician to already know this.

If you don’t have any luck with Techstream, here are a couple threads on water damage causing seat heater problems. It’s not rare.

Electrical gremlin - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/electrical-gremlin.1031063/#post-11379945

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom