2013 Low Beam - can’t figure out connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So stupid question but how to remove the connector on the low beams? Tried pulling straight out and squeezed around but didn’t see any tabs. Maybe I’m blind and too big of fingers but I can’t figure it out.

Any pictures, diagrams, gifs, anything would help.

thank you

Meaning the plastic plug that goes to the back of the ballast, or the wire from the ballast to the bulb?

If the former, there is a tab, but they tend to get dirt in them and not want to compress fully. Keep at it.

Meaning the plastic plug that goes to the back of the ballast, or the wire from the ballast to the bulb?

If the former, there is a tab, but they tend to get dirt in them and not want to compress fully. Keep at it.
Plastic plug that connects to outside the silver metal cover.

Plastic plug that connects to outside the silver metal cover.
Yep. There is a tab. I had mine out a couple months ago and remember them being a pain.

When sand/dirt gets into the unprotected parts of these connectors it’ll make them stick. I’ve had good luck first pushing in on the connector, quite hard, to get any dirt and stuff loosened.. then rocking it side to side as I try to pull it apart.

Do you remember if 1 or multiple tabs?
On top, bottom, driver side, passenger side of plug?

Orientation depends on the side of the vehicle. Plus, I do think the ballasts can be clocked in different positions so it is possible yours are in different spots. Either way here are mine, and as far as I know this orientation is as factory.

Driver's side, looking down along the side of the battery, single tab is smack on top.

IMG_3919.JPG

Passenger side, it is harder to get to, but it is there. Outboard. If you can't get it from this position you can rotate the ballast and remove the cover, and maybe get a better angle at it.

IMG_3920.JPG

Found with inspection mirror but need an assistant with smaller hands. Just to be sure, press down on top of the T and this will lift the bottom of the T and pull out, right?

Yes, if you press the broader part of the tab it will lift the narrow part above the latch.

You might try removing the ballast from the back of the headlamp to get a better angle at it. The whole thing rotates 15-30 degrees then can pull off the back. Be careful with it, there is a other harness from the front of the ballast to the bulb that you won’t want to pull very hard on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom