2011 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I inspected a 2011 LX 570 with 185k miles on it, saw oil on the oil pan. Also saw oil behind the engine on the passenger side, looked like the leak was higher than the oil pan. Top it off, some trash was on the dip stick. Anyway, trying to find a budget 200 series for a family car. They want $21,200 for it, dealership is willing to write a $1000 check to help with the repairs. Curious what others would say. It’s at a Toyota dealership getting evaluated at moment, buyer inspection is being done. Interior and exterior look pretty good, no rust underneath it.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas, run or buy it/fix it.

I'd say it's priced about right. I looked at one in my area that matches the description of yours and priced about the same.
If it has a clean chassis and paint with no resprays or repairs I'd go for it. I'm a mechanic so I lean towards those in need of mechanical repairs with clean frames/bodies

I'd say it's priced about right. I looked at one in my area that matches the description of yours and priced about the same.
If it has a clean chassis and paint with no resprays or repairs I'd go for it. I'm a mechanic so I lean towards those in need of mechanical repairs with clean frames/bodies
Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Just a note, pull the dip stick and check for varnish on it. If clean then probably well maintained , if not, then possible in frequent oil changes. It is a Toyota so not the end of the world. It's made it to 185k so likely to go on much longer

Toyota mechanic said the oil leak is coming from the rear main seal.

Toyota mechanic said the oil leak is coming from the rear main seal.
Depends on how bad it is. If a minor leak with little to no oil dropping on the floor you could rock it until you decide to fix it. Also use that info to get a better price. The $1000 they're kicking in would pay for most of the labor, but I'd try and get more in from them. Take the truck back and make them sit on it a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom