2008 Land Cruiser VX question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Afternoon!

Recently purchased an early production (#2141) 2008 Land Cruiser. Running my VIN at the dealer states it's a VX trim level. I essentially have no options aside from the DVD player (I assume that's what's in my glove box) and am missing the wood steering wheel, cool box, rear spoiler, no tint, and rear shark fin. I've never seen a USDM Land Cruiser with any VX badges, although it's available, and any I have seen, GX.R armored, are out of market vehicles. Can anyone enlighten me here? I've reviewed the 2008 Land Cruiser brochure and it seems a vehicle like this could be ordered in this fashion. The shark fin and VX trim code were interesting to me.

Thanks guys,

Well, see, that’s the thing and why it’s confusing. This rig was shipped to Nee Jersey. When Toyota runs the VIN it says it was a VX not a base. I’ll double check with them this week. I still wanna get the badge. Hah

Well, see, that’s the thing and why it’s confusing. This rig was shipped to Nee Jersey. When Toyota runs the VIN it says it was a VX not a base. I’ll double check with them this week. I still wanna get the badge. Hah
Definitely interesting. Would be interesting if you can get a plate if it is rly a VX and so the diesel.
Did some closer research now since it was late yesterday. Looks like the VX is the more city suitable version of my GX.
7 instead of 5 seats, KDSS instead of the coild-spring setup, no rear diff lock, has cruise control (something I rly miss), as I see only one instead of two batteries….
At least the VX is more luxury than the GX but on the other side more electronics. Maybe VX stands for Very Xpensive 😂

Btw I think I saw once a LC100 with an VX down in South Africa so probably that trim level isn’t something new but just nothing existend in the small and tight car market of the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom