2007 FJC front driver seat still available from the dealer?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John McVicker

SILVER Star
Threads
My friends wife wants to surprise her husband & asked if I would help find a new driver seat for their 2007 FJC.

I‘ve placed a add in the MUD classifieds and will call our dealer today. But our one Toyota dealer is a real pain regarding looking up parts and we live in the middle of nowhere with the next dealer 3 hours away.

Appreciate any help.

John - I'm not seeing a part number for the whole seat assembly. It's just a bunch of individual parts. You might have better luck finding a junkyard seat on a low mileage model.
FrontSeat.png

Thanks. Pretty sure we are going to end up in a junk yard. Prob is there is NONE in my town, will need to go to Reno 3 hours away or down south 2+ hours away.

What you posted will be a big help. I will get with her to find out what is wrong with their seat and then see if it’s still available.👍👍

Last edited:
Thanks @-MaTTi- Wow! I will give her this info. Betting we will end up at a junkyard.

Also will see what my dealer says with this info. Thanks again.

Just got off the phone with Camelback Toyota, they were ’150% certain that part is NLA’. But Thanks!

Right now it seems the options are:
A) Piecemeal together the needed parts and hit up the dealer
B) Junkyard
C) See if we get a response from my MUD Classified add

^^^

Don’t know. Let me get with her & get back to you.👍

Yeah, I forgot to mention, there is the SRS version of that seat as well. Do you know if existing seat has the air bags? I will get the diagram if so.

Ok @BMThiker there are no air bags in the seat.

A few times a week on an fj cruiser Facebook page I’m on people post up wrecked pics and totaling them. Sometimes talk of part outs (I think more young buyers now that used ones can be found that are more likely to wreck)

Might be worth looking on one of those groups since many more with fj cruisers (just don’t invite the idiot ones over here, lots of odd people on other places)

The blue forum used to have good deals on parts but from what I’ve seen they are about at dealer new prices for used items there. That forum died when it was bought and sold a few times and adds lagged it down so much people couldn’t get on. Some good info there though.

8F9C7D0A-5E5E-4FBB-AEB2-B35727F68847.png

2B12A414-644E-47EE-AE11-A7A19A035F86.png

if your looking for the frame your probably going to be better off buying a used one, new frames are very expensive from toyota and you will have to assemble the seat. if you want just the cushions you would probably be better off going to an interior shop and get new seat foams from them

Thanks guys, this really is for my friend. His wife decided yesterday to buy the seat & seat back cushions from Toyota. Thanks to the info provided by @BMThiker.

In researching this, 2 weeks ago I called Camelback Toyota and in 5 minutes I had the availability and cost of each item. Yesterday I called our only Toyota dealer in town (next closest is 2+ hours away). They said they would get back to me...24hrs later and still no call. This dealer is absolutely the worst I’ve ever had to deal with.

Thanks guys, this really is for my friend. His wife decided yesterday to buy the seat & seat back cushions from Toyota. Thanks to the info provided by @BMThiker.

In researching this, 2 weeks ago I called Camelback Toyota and in 5 minutes I had the availability and cost of each item. Yesterday I called our only Toyota dealer in town (next closest is 2+ hours away). They said they would get back to me...24hrs later and still no call. This dealer is absolutely the worst I’ve ever had to deal with.

It’s rare for any of us to have a good local dealer for parts. They don’t make much money compared to other areas of a dealership. I’m sure most Toyota dealerships would eliminate the parts department if they could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom