2006 LC Dying (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Land Cruiser that recently died on me a few times when I stop. It is hard to explain but I can't accelerate and the starter tries to start but no luck. I sit for about 5 mins and then it will start and run like nothing happened. The check engine light has never come on. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Txyota

Original fuel pump?

Reactions: GTV
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Land Cruiser that recently died on me a few times when I stop. It is hard to explain but I can't accelerate and the starter tries to start but no luck. I sit for about 5 mins and then it will start and run like nothing happened. The check engine light has never come on. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Txyota

how much fuel in the tank when this happens?

Sounds an awful lot like the fuel pump. low fuel warms up quicker/easier making a tired pump take a nap. The dealer needs to provide the info they have disproving the pump...otherwise I'd be hitting up RA and nabbing a new one.

Sounds an awful lot like the fuel pump. low fuel warms up quicker/easier making a tired pump take a nap. The dealer needs to provide the info they have disproving the pump...otherwise I'd be hitting up RA and nabbing a new one.
I agree. I appreciate your help.

I agree. I appreciate your help.
There have been a bunch of forums on here where people have similar symptoms and it leads them to the fuel pump. Most people say they are chugging up a hill when it happens or coming to a stop.

How many miles on the original pump? Report back if you swap it out and that fixes the problem. I've been debating replacing mine lately but I am also trying to dial back the, replace it before it breaks motto. It gets expensive.

When it starts, and still in park, how does it rev? Will it rev smoothly, or does it stumble?

When it's really hot out don't run the truck down below 1/2 tank. Fuel heats up considerably more, hurts the fuel pump, boils the fuel.
Thanks! I will try that. It has been really hot.

Also avoid shady gas stations and try next fill at a higher end station and see if it helps. There was recent news that some stations were caught mixing water in the gas tank :mad:

It has happened to me as recently as this week. Scenario is higher altitude (just outside of Loveland CO), hot ambient temp (92F) and few that has an indeterminate % of ethanol (pump says up to 10 but some claim that in South Dakota and Nebraska the number is a suggestion, not a rule). I drove Wednesday straight thru from Minneapolis to Loveland/ Boulder area and at the last fill up (at a Sinclair) I second guessed myself and just used straight 87. The girl laid down at a stoplight and I was barely able to nurse it to the shoulder. Let her cool 20 minutes and flipped around to fill her up with Premium and not a problem since.

I have found if I run Premium if the temps are above 90 I don’t have a problem.

These gas stories make me wonder if it would be a good idea to carry those little plastic bottles of octane booster for long road trips.

Fuel pump. Been there done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom