New wheels - 2006 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to me 2006 LC with 213K miles, pick up in New Brunswick and drove back to Ontario. After owning 2 Defenders and tired of carrying more weight in extra coolant than passengers, I decided to try something new. Based on the 16 hr ride home I think I made the right decision. Everything works as it should including AHC. Conducted some some minor maintenance repairs including replacing heater T's, new spark plugs, and valve cover gaskets.

Hoping for another 200K miles.

511BB1BF-7D7B-44C4-B0E7-5ACA5EEFC813_4_5005_c.jpeg

Congrats!! Defender is cool but LC is another level in terms of reliability and piece of mind knowing it will get you back from the path less travel. That being said, prepare to do a detail preventive maintenance so it will last you another 200k miles with not much issues down the road.

Congrats!! Defender is cool but LC is another level in terms of reliability and piece of mind knowing it will get you back from the path less travel. That being said, prepare to do a detail preventive maintenance so it will last you another 200k miles with not much issues down the road.
Thanks, along with the purchase came a 1.5" file folder with every service record and repair from day 1 of ownership in California to its last owner in NB before I bought it so I have a pretty good idea of where things stand service wise. But you're right, preventative maintenance is an ongoing process.

Check and see if the following items has been replaced as they will leave you stranded if fail, if not I would do it as preventive maintenance if you do a lot of expedition driving. If mainly local commute you can probably wait.

Ignition bracket assembly rod
Brake booster with master cylinder assembly
Fan bracket assembly
Radiator assembly along with hoses
Heater Ts

Check and see if the following items has been replaced as they will leave you stranded if fail, if not I would do it as preventive maintenance if you do a lot of expedition driving. If mainly local commute you can probably wait.

Ignition bracket assembly rod
Brake booster with master cylinder assembly
Fan bracket assembly
Radiator assembly along with hoses
Heater Ts
Thanks for the list, I'll check my file. The only one I know for sure without looking in the file is the heater Ts because I did those myself.

Thanks for the list, I'll check my file. The only one I know for sure without looking in the file is the heater Ts because I did those myself.
Ohh yea the starter and alternator as well. I usually do a lot more extensive PM for customer's truck. Those are just some of the main parts that I will do for sure due to age and they do fails at around 200k miles mark or sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom