2006 Landcruiser Lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2006 LC and didnt realize the adjustable suspension feature is difficult or expensive to lift
I just want it lifted a little I hate the stock look and wanted to put bigger tires,

upload_2018-8-20_12-44-17.png

Hey thanks
will this be a problem with the stock self leveling suspension... I hate the stock look of the vehicle and a few mecahnics say that changing will cause problems ,Im not a mechanic
No worries, I also don't care for the stock look, so I understand. I can't help much though as I am rolling on Old Man Emu torsion bars and springs, so I don't get into the AHC. Do some searching and ask questions once you are familiar with the options.

Hey I appreciate the advice.. Is there anyone who's done the lift on a 2006 LC or similar as Im no mechanic and new to all this
There is really not much to it. I lifted my 06 with AHC 2” in about 1 hour. That includes the time needed to pull the rear springs and add 30mm spacers. I did not use the front “shock” spacers.

If all you want is a level look with a little lift all you need are a 10mm and 12mm wrench(I’m pretty sure about size, I could be off though, just going by memory) to shorten the joint on the front sensor and slide it’s position to fine tune the front height. On the rear all you need to do is loosen the sensor and slide it a far as you can to get the most hieght. You will only be able to get so much lift on the back without adding some type of bracket to extend the “slide” of the rear sensor.

Going this route you can probably get around 2” lift up front and 1” in rear.

After doing this both your alignment and AHC pressure will not be ideal. I use techstream to set my neutral pressures but it can be ballparked without. You can search and probably find about how many turns it would take on the torsion bars to get pressures close to spec for a given hieght. And adding a 30mm spacer will help in the rear. Not ideal, but without a techstream that’s about all you can do.

If you plan to keep the 06 very long an eBay techstream would be a wise investment.

Remember every time you change ride hieght you wil need an alignment, so try to set it where you want it before the alignment.

2395B973-9855-4D75-A162-1654E131AAA6.jpeg

Thanks .. Im gonna go for it .. Do you have any issues with dash warning lights ? And did you set the suspension 2" higher with adjustable suspension and overide ?
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom