2006 100 Series 74k miles value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

I'm new to 100's and reading as much info as I can find. One question I've not be able to find an answer to is if it is not uncommon for lower mileage 100's to sale for more than the blue book value?

Tomorrow I am looking at a 2006 with 74,800 miles. 2 owners, no rust, super clean, heated garage kept, black with creme interior. Every option, including factory DVD and screen. Clean car history.

KBB for Excellent condition is $23,100. Seller is asking $26,500.

What's a reasonable offer?

Thank you!

I think $23 is reasonable, but if this is "the right one" for you then it would suck to lose it over $2,000.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay, regardless of what some book says the price should be. The nicer low mileage ones tend to move pretty quick. A discounted offer may work, but it will depend on how motivated the seller is, how long it has been on the market and how many calls/messages he has received so far.

Last edited:
@jLB nailed it - "It's worth what someone is willing to pay..." I know you've heard that 100 (pun intended) times. But, with some cars/trucks, it seems more appropriate. I told a friend who was hunting for a 100 that the 2006 he saw locally - with 80,000 for $32,000 - was too much (this was 9 months ago)... it sold in under a week. Rust-free, low-mile Land Cruisers are in short supply. I'd jump on that one.

Clean 100's may be nice but when you arrive at those price points you begin to get close to the "for a little bit more" syndrome and start to consider 200's - at least that's how it went for me when I purchased my LX last month. That's assuming you don't have a particular aversion to the 200's.

Greetings,

I'm new to 100's and reading as much info as I can find. One question I've not be able to find an answer to is if it is not uncommon for lower mileage 100's to sale for more than the blue book value?

Tomorrow I am looking at a 2006 with 74,800 miles. 2 owners, no rust, super clean, heated garage kept, black with creme interior. Every option, including factory DVD and screen. Clean car history.

KBB for Excellent condition is $23,100. Seller is asking $26,500.

What's a reasonable offer?

Thank you!

I'd go 25k tops. More than generous.

I have a 2006 with similar options, AHC, and only 50K miles on it. Dealer offered me $23K.

I picked up a one owner socal 05 with 70k and I gave the dealer $24k and didn't even blink. Wrote them a check and it showed up a couple of weeks later - id do it again in a second.

Plus I don't want a 200 those things are ugly as sin in a big black pot.

I've got 7 cruiser and it's the only version I can't stand.

I believe once the word gets out and links get shared on an example like the OP's it's almost a given someone will offer list sight unseen.

Where is this truck? I'll friggin buy it!

Why? A few months ago a Dallas LC (jnauck's) that was a 75k truck listed for ~$31. It sold in 72 hours. I bought a comparable 130K example a month ago for $24K & feel good about my deal.

Nice ones are going to sell and be pricey.
I paid $23.5K last March for a rust free immaculate 2002 LX470
with only 25K miles. Now its got 32K miles on it.
I'll say that it is nice to drive a really nice 100.
They don't make these anymore and all the new vehicles I like are
much more expensive.
I'll agree, the 200's are ugly.

I wouldn't pay over 20 for a 100 regardless of miles, unless they were so low it was practically brand new. At that price point it doesn't make sense to me to pay that much for a car that's a minimum of ten years old. too close to 200 money.

My 100 has 146,000 miles on it and is rust free Nevada Texas vehicle but has a few dings on it which I kind of like, I wouldn't trade it for a 200 just because of body style. The hundreds are bad ass with the 2" old man emu lift and rock sliders. My 100 will last a lot longer than I will so I'll probably be my final vehicle. A well-maintained 100 with 300,000 miles is comparable to any Ford or GMC product with 30,000 miles

I overpaid on a 2002 100 series but I feel like it was worth it. California car rust free and in amazing mechanical shape and these cars are crazy hard to find here in SoCal. I think there's usually only 1-2 available at any given time in LA on Craigslist that are 2000-2006 so merely finding one for sale is an achievement in and of itself. I had to drive 2 hours one way to get mine. I'd say go for it.

Spendy 100s are a tough choice for some when they start getting close to 200 prices, but it really depends on your situation. I paid $26K last April for my 2007 LC with 80K miles. Super clean, good maintenance history, no AHC... Top end of what I was willing to pay, but I needed to finance it, so I was really limited to something newer to get a decent rate. If I had the cash to go buy an older 100, I might have gone with something cheaper, but when I looked at the difference in payment for something pre-2005, it just didn't make sense.

If you have to finance the purchase, the difference between a sub-$20K truck and something pushing $25K or more is really the mileage you're willing to accept. Like it or not, the low-mile 100s are not cheap and they go fast. I had to drive 3+ hours the morning after my 100 hit the dealer's lot in order to beat three other people to the truck, including somebody who was allegedly getting ready to fly in from the midwest to buy it sight-unseen. Could be BS from the dealer, but good, low-mile 100s last days (sometimes hours) in the Pacific NW. Got it for just under KBB, which I was ok with. Been loving it ever since.

Also, if you're looking to build it up at all, the 100s are quite a bit cheaper and easier to lift and armor than the 200s.

I wouldn't pay over 20 for a 100 regardless of miles, unless they were so low it was practically brand new. At that price point it doesn't make sense to me to pay that much for a car that's a minimum of ten years old. too close to 200 money.

You may change your mind when you need one and after test driving a few high priced 200k+ miles 100 series.

You may change your mind when you need one and after test driving a few high priced 200k+ miles 100 series.

Its hard to find a nice 100 and when you do find one, you need to act fast.
I never had the opportunity to look at more than one available 100 at a time.
I looked at 100's in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Charlotte, and Asheville.
I did miss out on a couple nice ones because I was too cheap to pay
the going rate. Later I saw my 2002 LX470 on Ebay in California and just
had to have it. Only the second one I found with less than 100K miles.
One 2006 LX I found at Lexus dealership in Charlotte with 91K miles
was from Maryland and had a lot of nicks and rust underneath. The Lexus
dealership said they could not sell it to me because it had an outstanding
airbag recall that could not be resolved. Glad that happened as the LX I
eventually found was so much nicer it was like night and day.

I searched for 3 months this fall and ended up with a clean 03 with 192k miles for $11.5. Didn't see the value in spending twice as much for essentially the same vehicle with less miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom