Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, I started one and I'll hopefully have some pictures to post up here soon. She needs some work but at this point i'd drive to Alaska and not worry about reliability, just need to get her looking a little better.

Looking into a fog light mod. My fogs cut off when I turn on my high beams. I hate that. Leaves a dead zone in the front of the truck. The new led fogs actually put out a good bit of light that covers that area. Wierd that Toyota designed this that way. If anyone has done this let me know. Found a few posts in tacoma and tundras so may give it a shot.

Post up when you figure it out. I’d like to wire mine the same and also wire up some little led light bars to the fogs so they come on with the fogs and I can turn them on whenever.

Fog's are designed to do that. You could probably mess with the wiring or the relay to get it to stop.

Wanted some steps for the kids and the wife but not interested in dropping the coin on sliders. Removed the plastic and metal tray from the factory steps and bought 2 black galvanized terminal fence posts with caps. Cut down the brackets and welded the posts. Topped with some grip tape.

Really like this. Did you cut the brackets in any way? What paint did you use?

Really like this. Did you cut the brackets in any way? What paint did you use?
I Cut the backets back about 2 inches, I just set the bars up there as close as I wanted and cut off the excess. The terminal posts are already coated in Black so didn't have to paint them. Touched up where I sanded off the coating with a little semi-gloss rattle can

For anyone running Total Chaos UCA's, I tried a few different types of grease on the bushings to keep it from squeaking, they would only last about a week and start squeaking again. I picked up some Green Grease from advance and it's been 6 weeks and still quiet. I loosened the bolts, filled with grease until came out both sides to push out old grease. As I tightened the bolt, I released pressure on the zirks to push back out any extra grease in the bushing. I drove about 10 miles and released pressure again to make sure the bushings would not deform. Good to go. I will update when they start to squeak again. Going to give this grease a try in my ujoints as well as it seems to not sling as easily.
4 month update on the Green Grease. Still no squeaking to be heard! Very pleased with this Grease. It has stayed in place well. Also put it in ujoints and seems to not be throwing out near as fast, hardly have to put any in before new comes out.

179A0D19-3719-46BB-AEE5-ACFC5245342E.jpeg

I just bought my son the same truck. He’s in the Air Force and turned 18 last week. His first duty station is Minot, ND. We are from Florida so I figured a 4WD was in order. This will be his first vehicle. I’m a land cruiser guy so I don’t know much about Sequoia’s. If it’s ok I might PM some questions.

View attachment 2089948

I just bought my son the same truck. He’s in the Air Force and turned 18 last week. His first duty station is Minot, ND. We are from Florida so I figured a 4WD was in order. This will be his first vehicle. I’m a land cruiser guy so I don’t know much about Sequoia’s. If it’s ok I might PM some questions.
Very nice! Love the color, favorite for me. I had an fzj80 before this and a 2nd and 3rd Gen 4runner. The Sequoia is very easy to work on, I'm always on here so feel free to ask

View attachment 2089948

Nice rig! Your son is lucky to have a dad like you!

Thanks man! It's been a fun one. Just Yakima rail Grabbers on the factory rack 2-58 inch bars on the outside and 2-48 inch bars on the inside. Running the longer bars on the outside so my bike racks fit
Thanks - couldn't tell if you had something custom going on inside of the factory rails. I've been researching custom racks for a while so always keeping an eye out. Roll on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom