Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
145k when purchased. First things first, removed running boards and mud flaps. Installed weathertech throughout. This thing was a creampuff. They had an identical 2007 as well. They had no idea what the 4x4 was or the air suspension. Been a southern rig it's entire life. Interior is in great shape. Removed the middle rear console so the kids could get in and out more easily. The DVD player has Shrek stuck in it. I have toyed with removing it anyway, I don't like it sticking down from the roof as far as it does.

20190302_105308.jpg

Last edited:
next up, TC UCA, Toytec Boss 700lbs coilovers with diff drop and suspensionmaxx extended sway links. added an extension bracket to the sensor for the rear air springs. I like the auto level feature so keeping the air springs, they are in good shape. I have 4 kids so it's nice that it levels out when they are riding with me and tow a trailer when we camp. Inner CV boot clamps were loose allowing grease to sling out. Repacked with molly and installed some hose clamps. Here it sits with the stock wheels and tires :rofl:

20190307_140253.jpg

20190313_093323.jpg

20190307_192852.jpg

Last edited:
Removed the JBL CD/Tape deck combo and installed a Pioneer AVH-601EX. Simple double din touch screen. Bypassed and removed the JBL amp with the help of Crutchfield's premade wiring harness. Added steering wheel control adapter as well. Installed new kenwood 6.5 components in the front and 6.5's in the back doors. had to remove the front speaker brackets and create my own with the generic kit I ordered from bestbuy. Bestbuy wanted $550 just for the install because it was hard and customized. I did it myself in 3 hours... Didn't want a teenager making minimum wage messing with my wiring. The bluetooth settings will not function unless you tie into the the parking brake wire which I found annoying. Safety feature so you can't watch video unless you have the parking brake engaged. Installed some magic mounts for cell phones.

1553003091632.jpg

Last edited:
I still haven't decided on the wood grain. I'm not a fan, but not sure I want to mess with painting it all. I have looked at the other trim options and people want too much, plus the a/c console has to have the exact features to be plug and play swap. I also want to remove the DVD player in the rear. I ordered a dome light from an 04 that matches the trim, but they cut such a large hole in the liner for the dvd player that I'm going to have to come up with an upholstery option to cover it before installing the dome light.

I have ordered OEM lower ball joints. The current ones were replaced at 33k under recall. Just wanted some piece of mind with new ones. Found them from a dealer online and with new bolts under $215 shipped. They will be here tomorrow so i'll update with front suspension pics fter install.

Last edited:
Moving on to the rear now. Ordered some Rancho RS9000xl shocks last night. Since I'm keeping the air-springs for the foreseeable future I wanted the adjustablility of the 9000. Heard lots of good things about these working with the AHC well. Will give it a shot

Removed the player. Cut out all the crappy wiring the installers did for the player and wired up the new dome light. I cut out a piece of 1/4 plywood and recessed the light in it. Going to order some vinyl to wrap it. Very pleased with it. No more kids hitting their heads on the player

20190323_150353.jpg

20190323_150327.jpg

20190323_151211.jpg

Last edited:
Replacing all the interior lights. Ordered from superbrightleds.com I've had success with them in the past. I ordered dome, map, doors, glove box and vanity bulbs for interior. Exterior I ordered reverse and fog light replacements. Heres the quantity and part numbers. All interior are cool white. Wanted natural white but couldn't get all the bulbs in that color. Got the natural white for the front fogs so they would match my new Phillips crystal vision ultra white headlights

Screenshot_20190324-083203_AquaMail~01.jpg

Will try to do these LEDs justice with some pics. It's like daytime in there. I forgot to turn on all three of the dome lights to take the pics, so the middle row is even brighter. This is in a completely dark garage, the door lights light up a very large area around the ground. I haven't checked reverse lights yet but the fog lights are great, they match the headlights perfectly.

20190327_204201.jpg

20190327_204234.jpg

20190327_204147.jpg

In the process of removing the wood grain and swapping for black. I got the middle cup holder console on ebay for cheap. I can't find any black switch covers for the doors so will give the vinyl wrap a shot. They are tough to do though with their shape. If anyone wants to swap to some wood grain trim let me know

Here's a pic of the bracket I put on the rear ahc sensor. It's just a short 2.5" bracket I had laying around with 2 holes in it. I disco'd the arm and inserted the bracket and reconnected it. I kept it loose and adjusted the height where I wanted and tightened down the nuts. Pretty painless

20190403_204053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom