2003 Sahara. Suddenly no heat or cooling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I have a problem that is doing my head in, appreciate any help!

I turned the air con on yesterday and there was air but it didn't cool, I then tried the heater. Again there was air but it wouldn't get hot. The fan, mode and air conditioning compressor all appear to be working fine. Could this be the hot/cold door?

many thanks

I turned the air con on yesterday and there was air but it didn't cool, I then tried the heater. Again there was air but it wouldn't get hot. The fan, mode and air conditioning compressor all appear to be working fine. Could this be the hot/cold door?

many thanks
When going between cold and hot, did you notice any temperature difference in the air coming out of the vents?

When going between cold and hot, did you notice any temperature difference in the air coming out of the vents?
Hi I did notice when I tried it yesterday that it felt like it was going to get cool but then just didn't go cold had it set at coldest ,it's hard to tell if it's the same when you switch to heater as it alters the fan speed etc ,but definitely no heat or cool on heat mode ,tried auto on cool and it goes full blast on fan but no cold

many thanks

Suggest check 'easy' stuff first -- maybe using AC mechanic unless AC is your thing:
1. AC drive belt and clutch,
2. AC gas,
3. compressor.

If all above are good, suggest consider issues described at the post linked below -- which also describes a similar problem I experienced on a 2006 LC100 Sahara with 'climate control' AC:

I'll add to easy stuff first.
Try max hot & max cold, in temperature setting. If you then get what feels like normal heat & cold air. Then it's likely the HVAC cabin air sensor. Which is behind the small vent in dash molding, about 6" (by your knee) below IG switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom