Radiator -- Koyorad or Toyota (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have a choice of those two in my case, the same price. Have no experience with the latest crop. I recall there was a part number for Toyota mad in Mexico or somewhere else where they are not burdened with the environmental regulations, but I can't find it anymore. It also used to be that CSF required a different cap, but I am not up to date.

TIA

I have been running the CSF for over a year and it's great. I am using an OEM cap on it, and i have 100% faith in the quality of i.t

IMG_0643.jpg

My 2021 Koyo lasted about a year and a half before it failed. It failed at the tank seam below the upper hose neck.

After holding a T.Rad in my hands the Koyo seems incredibly cheap in comparison.

I have been running the CSF for over a year and it's great. I am using an OEM cap on it, and i have 100% faith in the quality of i.t
Any fitment adjustment to that CSF?

since about 2019 or so Toyota also sells a "value priced" radiator for some models at the dealer that is not like the factory radiator. To me it feels exactly like the koyo. I'm not sure if this is what your talking about when you said that the koyo or genuine is the same price. Generally an OEM rad is about twice what a koyo is.

since about 2019 or so Toyota also sells a "value priced" radiator for some models at the dealer that is not like the factory radiator. To me it feels exactly like the koyo. I'm not sure if this is what your talking about when you said that the koyo or genuine is the same price. Generally an OEM rad is about twice what a koyo is.
Thank you very much for pointing this out.

You are correct, Toyota does have a "value priced" radiator- parts number is as follows 16400-AZXXX

However, Landcruisers have a special radiator that is far more robust than the "value line", and Toyota does not offer a AZ option for Landcruiers. As mentioned in past threads, LC's use radiators manufactured under T. Rad

Lets take for Ex;

1708844238120.png

^This part is a "supersession" part # for a Tundra, which is the "value" part # as you mentioned

Now, the LC radiator part number;

1708844193555.png

^Notice how there is no "AZ" following the PNC?

Thank you all, I ordered 16400-50360 from Prestige Lexus of Ramsey.

My Denso 221-0508 has been going strong since it was replaced in 2017. I ordered two off amazon and kept the better one. Worked out great.

I have a OEM Toyota sitting in the garage to go in.
Price was 100% positive.

Just curious: Toyota has 2 different part numbers for 2002 and 2004 in my case. CSF has the same 3006 for both. Any insights? Do they fit as well as the original. From my past experience there is always something with the aftermarket, e.g. hose diameter, etc.
Btw, I have ordered all clamps for both vehicles from Partsouq along with the hoses, thermostat and its gasket.

Just pulled a newer leaking denso unit and replaced with OEM. So worth the price of mind for the extra 250$

When opening the package .. the words out of my mouth to my wife were “this is a work of ART”. The packaging alone..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom