Nomad Sahara 17x8.5 | 0 offset. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New wheels/tires installed today, and wow has my AHC ride improved going from 18s to 17s. Wheels are the Nomad Saharas in 17x8.5, 0 offset. Tires are Falken AT3Ws in P265/70R17. The tires poke just a little, you can definitely feel the road manners of the vehicle shift to more of a stable nature. Less top heavy with the now wider track from the 0 offset, it is MUCH more enjoyable to drive on the pavement. I wasn’t expecting an inch of rim diameter to create such a stiff ride, but the factory 18” LX wheels with Michelin tires just absorbed road impacts like crap. This 17” setup rides like a dream, can’t recommend the tires enough after driving them around for a few hours today.

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8517.jpeg

IMG_8518.jpeg

Nice looking wheels, aftermarket looking but nothing crazy. I really wish more places made wheels for our trucks in a better offset. I ended up going with Icon wheels. I like them but the main reason was for the +25 offset. I think everything in this bolt pattern is 0 offset for Tundra maybe

High spoke count 17' wheels, AT tires on a late year LX470 in Cypress Green Pearl with the rear spoiler. I love it!

Wish I had that spoiler you've got...

View attachment 3498016
Believe it or not your rig has been an inspiration! Haha I was about to buy your same wheels but Nomad had the 25% off sale so I figured I’d try the new guys on the block. Currently on the fence about a color matched rear bumper like yours, it looks really sharp!

Believe it or not your rig has been an inspiration! Haha I was about to buy your same wheels but Nomad had the 25% off sale so I figured I’d try the new guys on the block. Currently on the fence about a color matched rear bumper like yours, it looks really sharp!
Ha! Well I'm honored. I like color matched if nothing else because it forces you to use actual auto paint with a clear coat. It's pretty cool when it's all cleaned up and the armor shines just like the body panels. I've had a bunch of non-enthusiasts say things like "I didn't know Lexus made bumpers like that." Then I say it's all aftermarket and metal and I just painted them to match. The response is normally equal parts confused and amazed. It's always interesting chatting with strangers when I drive the LX anywhere.

Any regrets with the 0 offset? I’m fine with fixing fender trim if that’s the most these needed with a 265 width tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom