For Sale Sale Pending - 2002 UZJ100 Turbo - Overland Travel Build / Seattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the most capable and comfortable overland vehicles is newly available for sale. Professionally installed turbo on a Toyota V8 is rare. This is a well balanced, complete truck ready for a next adventure...

Engine & Transmission (upgrades professionally installed at Slee Offroad)
Toyota 4.7L V8 with AVO Turbo
Front & Rear ARB Airlockers
13 Gallon Auxiliary Tank
Dual Battery with ICS Controller
Safari Snorkel
ARB Compressor
4.88 re-gear

Protection
TJM T3 Front Bumper
Slee sliders
Slee Off-Road Rear Bumper with swing-out
Slee 3 panels under-body protection
Baja Designs S2 Pro combo (mounted in front bumper)

Suspension
OME Suspension with Heavy rear springs (Mediums in box available with sale)
Toyo ATII Extreme 295/75R/16 (5 mounted, 1 additional unmounted)

Recovery
Warn VR 1200 winch
Master Pull upgrade synthetic line

Camping & Comfort
African Outback full length roof rack
Custom Drawer system & fridge enclosure & slide
Yakima Skyrise RTT
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge

Truck History
Original Owner
March 2004: Slee Purchased as AVO Turbo test vehicle (87K) – Second Owner
Apr 2009: Third Owner purchase from Slee – additional upgrades & maintenance at Slee
Sept 2016: current owner purchase (me) (160K)

Maintenance
Maintenance performed by Torfab
Tune up with new plugs and ignition coil work 203K (Sept 2019)
All new pads & rear brake rotors at 201K (July 2019)
Timing Belt / Water Pump service at 183K (Dec 2017)
Regular Oil Changes with Mobil 1 Synthetic
T-case & both differentials gear oil change (Oct 2019)
Automatic Transmission Service (Nov 2019)
Four Toyo AT2 Extreme tires new in 2019.

204,000 miles (approx)
Asking $21.5K / obo (reduced price Dec 14)

No dealers please, serious inquiries

20191013-REM_9589.jpg

20191013-REM_9582.jpg

20191013-REM_9585.jpg

20191013-REM_9588.jpg

Last edited:
I was asked for images of the custom drawer system

A few notes:
-System is removable (15-25minutes) and bolted down in a few areas with three additional straps for solid, no squeak use
-Very sturdy marine grade plywood professionally constructed. Fridge enclosure my addition - to pack around, and slide out when packed...
-Multiple D-rings (eight) to tie down objects on top.
-Low platform wing built as a dog space (I traveled with a comfortable 100lbs Bernese
-ARB fridge has black gaffers tape over top handle to reduce reflection on back window

1571112164409.png

1571112645246.png

View attachment 2107971

Thanks for the note

Why sell? Simply, I got the itch to start a new project, and found a nice baseline GX 460 (LC Prado) in Arizona. So my plan is to spend the winter building that vehicle to suit.

Undercarriage: I'll work on under pictures in the next 48hrs. I don't have ready access to a lift, but do have a reasonable wide angle so will make due...

Would love to see some shots of the turbo system...

Here is the original thread of the build of this truck with pictures from Christo at Slee (2008). AVO Turbo Fitted - 02 UZJ100

Since that time, previous owner experimented with different intercoolers, the piggyback controller is dialed in and a more complete overland build was completed (largely at Slee) with second battery, 3 underbody panels, ARB locker & compressor, regear etc.

The turbo is tucked back - the custom plumbing and intercooler are the most visible parts under the hood. I will work to post a picture soon (albeit the engine bay is currently pretty dirty).

Here are some images of the (dusty) engine bay - and some of the turbo plumbing (done by Slee Offroad).

1571252896356.png

1571252961284.png

More images of the original install are on Slee's site :

I received a request for some interior pictures.

I bought (and really like) the Specter Off Road SOR Tuff Duck / Pit Bull tailored for the 100-series. Also a photo of the driver's seat exposed (good condition)

1571359819232.png

1571359873461.png

1571359912455.png

1571359949748.png

20191017-REM_9622.jpg

And a picture in the field...

From a Fall 2019 trip in SE Oregon configured for a week of remote travel (and 400 miles between fuel stops).

Roof top tent and awning visible and included with sale. Some of this gear not included with sale (see above detail).

1571577798479.png

There have been a couple pictures of undercarriage and the rain stopped today (in Seattle) for a bit.

Image #1 - front Slee skid plate with oil filter access and drive side wheel well with OME shock.

1571883791193.png

Image #2 - Behind skid plates looking toward rear axle
1571883985737.png

Image #3 - Behind rear axle - showing rear exhaust section
1571884088880.png

Last edited:
bump

Any idea when the steering rack was last replaced?

Krice - Thanks for inquiry. I replaced a CV axle (front - passenger side) in March. No other issues with steering rack - no leaks and seems tight.

I do have all service records since the original build at Slee. These records document all key upgrades, service, fuel economy, and oil change intervals.

The truck has been out the Jackson once - came out for a photo workshop based at Snow King.

Last edited:
I received a couple requests for more pictures of the undercarriage. The truck remains available for sale - and should go to a good home...

I pulled off all three skid plates (the first time the middle and rear removed in three years) and took some pictures.

With the turbo, there is some customer exhaust work - including the flex coupler toward the middle of this view.

1573244034357.png

1573244123602.png

@nw_fj62 thanks. I tried hard but the :princess: said no.......

this is an awesome 100. GLWS.

I'm back from work travel and I've just completed some service steps to bring the maintenance up to date : automatic transmission, diffs and transfer case....

The truck is newly re-priced at $21,500 (or best offer).

... I think the truck is a great value if someone is looking for a solid, complete baseline for backcountry travel.

The skid plates were off recently - so here is a picture of the underbody protection (included with truck purchase). To purchase at Slee today those three steel elements are $1200.

My travel companion is standing guard - but is not included.

IMG_4757.JPG

Last edited:
Weekend bump

I'd like to see the truck continue in this community. Welcome any follow up questions

Last edited:
Thanks for the views. likes and inquiries on this special 100-series turbo truck.

I've accepted a deposit and have a pending sale. The truck is headed to Baja for it's next chapter (wish I could go with it...)

Personally, I'll be switching over to the 150-series forum with a 2013 GX light build I've embarked on.... See you out there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom