2001 Land Cruiser Renewal Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice!

beautiful work! What's the part number for the key ring light I like the blue. What is the website you used for your lights?

Nice work. Your hockey sticker is WAY out of place in Tampa. 1 of 1 I'm sure.

Great job! Thanks for sharing and totally understand you and your wife’s obsession with your Land Cruiser.

Paint job prices run all over the place and usually, I see them done of trucks with clear coat peeling etc. My 2004 LC is in about the same paint condition as yours originally was, but in thundercloud grey. Do you mind telling me how much you paid for that job?

I replaced just about every light bulb in the truck. I pulled the steering wheel

View attachment 2619828

which I replaced with the Lexus-style wood wheel from the eBay seller out of Thailand

View attachment 2619832

and then pulled the instrument cluster

View attachment 2619833

and replaced all bulbs.

View attachment 2619834

I used a combination of LED and OEM, but every bulb is new.

View attachment 2619835
Awesome job!! I'm getting ready to a similar, albeit not as extensive, refresh inside. I have to replace the dash (cracked), radio not working, etc. Anyway you kept a detailed list of the bulbs you used and where? I might as well replace every bulb while everything is apart.

TIA, Jeff

Last edited:
Your truck looks really nice. And kudos for keeping it and doing a refresh rather than doing the easy thing and getting a new truck. Can you share where you got the cup holder? Would really like to add something like this to mine.

beautiful work! What's the part number for the key ring light I like the blue. What is the website you used for your lights?
the key ring light is just colored with a blue LED. You'll want to have a look at this thread, post 157 is a great start point for choosing bulbs.

Paint job prices run all over the place and usually, I see them done of trucks with clear coat peeling etc. My 2004 LC is in about the same paint condition as yours originally was, but in thundercloud grey. Do you mind telling me how much you paid for that job?
I don't want to get into specifics of that part of the job, as like you say paint quotes are all over the place. Too many factors go into the decision, quality of paint, and the quality of the job can range all over the place. Plus I know the guy who did the work and am a repeat customer. Let's put it this way, it's multiple thousands. Research who you would want to do the job and consult with them on price. There are just too many variables here for my number to have any meaning for your case.

Awesome job!! I'm getting ready to a similar, albeit not as extensive, refresh inside. I have to replace the dash (cracked), radio not working, etc. Anyway you kept a detailed list of the bulbs you used and where? I might as well replace every bulb while everything is apart.

TIA, Jeff
For exterior bulbs I just went with original spec bulbs, not LED. Interior cabin lighting was just Sylvania LEDs from OReilly. Interior LEDs came super bright LEDs. You'll want to read this thread:

Post 157 will be particularly important to you.

Your truck looks really nice. And kudos for keeping it and doing a refresh rather than doing the easy thing and getting a new truck. Can you share where you got the cup holder? Would really like to add something like this to mine.
Thank you. Ben is your source:

For exterior bulbs I just went with original spec bulbs, not LED. Interior cabin lighting was just Sylvania LEDs from OReilly. Interior LEDs came super bright LEDs. You'll want to read this thread:

Post 157 will be particularly important to you.
Thanks, I appreciate the info and the link! This will save a lot of research.

There is a bit of unfinished business. I’ve already mounted the antenna and fished through the wire in order to do the key fob mod to increase the range of the remotes. But I haven’t had time to start the mod of the actual controller yet, that’s coming up. I’m also intending to do electric door lock actuator replacements. I’ve gotten the motors from eBay, but my existing motors are still working so there’s no rush. But it’s only a matter of time.

Other than that, this project is done. Ah yes, after a good tune up, alignment, balance, and rotation. That's Monday! My wife is very psyched to finally have her truck back, but can't believe how great everything's come out. Her biggest pet peeves about the truck over the years have all been solved here, from squeaky manifold shields to hot cupholders that don't hold cups to key fobs that only work from 6 inches away to backup lights that don't light anything up behind you to the air conditioner condensation dripping on her feet when she's riding in the passenger seat, it's all fixed (or just about). Fun project for a truck we love!
Hello. I have a 2002 100 series. Can you tell me where on Ebay you bought the motors for the door lock actuators? I am having the same issue and at $500 for each actuator the door lock motor seems like the way to go. Any other parts I should be looking for? The door locks work fine until the outside temperature heats up. Thank you.

Hello. I have a 2002 100 series. Can you tell me where on Ebay you bought the motors for the door lock actuators? I am having the same issue and at $500 for each actuator the door lock motor seems like the way to go. Any other parts I should be looking for? The door locks work fine until the outside temperature heats up. Thank you.
I’ll do even better than that. I bought a total of five, even though this is for four. There should be another eBay listing to buy a single to total five (remember the tailgate...)

But what you really want to do first is read this:

Good luck and let me know how you do. My new motors are still sitting in a drawer. I don’t have the problem with the cold. I live in Florida 😎

This looks awesome! What color Roadwire leather did you choose, the recommended Parchment?
Yesterday I looked at samples and the color ‘Sahara’ seemed to also match the undertones of the plastic trim. Looking for recommendations from anyone who has the Roadwire. I have a 2000 LX 470 with the Tan interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom