2001 Land Cruiser Renewal Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can’t wait either. Went with Sahara what number is parchment on the swatch ring (if you remember or is that the name of the color). I want to check that one out now. So I pulled the trigger and finalized everything as well yesterday and put my deposit down. Sounds like the pricing is exactly the same for roadwire when you use their authorized dealer. I did ask if cash talks and owner said he would take a bit off the top and drop the sales tax for me. Looks like install date is should be before memorial weekend and take about 3-4 days of downtime. I can’t wait to see the refreshed interior.
Parchment is #98, but as I understand it, the LX interior is slightly lighter than the LC.

Which Pioneer NEX unit did you buy? I'm installing one next month and trying to decide on the model. Which camera? Thnaks
It’s the NEX 2330, but it’s coming up on three years since I did it. I’m sure there have been upgraded versions since then. As for the rear view cam, couldn’t tell you. Best Buy did the install, I just answered yes when they asked if I wanted it. It’s mounted under the license tag.

Parchment is #98, but as I understand it, the LX interior is slightly lighter than the LC.
Here is the completed installed Roadwire in the parchment (#098) color. It is not an exact match to the door panels in my 2000 Lexus lx470, but my husband liked the lighter color better, and honestly, you can’t tell in person, so I’d recommend going with the color that speaks to you…Personally, the Sahara color spoke to me, and said it wouldn’t show dirt as much as the parchment color, but you know that saying, happy husband, happy life... :-/
I purchased all 3 rows and center console and had them professionally installed by a Roadwire dealer in Carson, CA and damn, it looks new again! Also, I paid so much less than what was quoted on the Roadwire website, and I didn’t have to deal with the manufacturer directly. If you’re a DIYer, you can also buy them without installation from the guy I used: LEXUS LX & TOYOTA LANDCRUISER CUSTOM LEATHER UPHOLSTERY (SEE MODEL YEAR OFFER) | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/283856339342. You can call him to add the center console too.

561E87B2-F0CC-46AD-916A-282301C87556.jpeg

520CF109-7C07-4BC5-8871-A9899ACB4AAD.jpeg

DD7242A3-5353-4A7E-9D0D-746B9CB6BE55.jpeg

Man I’m loving your attention to the small details!

When I got my 1st LC, (same one we have now) I did the whole replace every bulb…. Used factory incan in the cluster and HVAC but used an old Honda bulb for the “D” and it turned out a lighter green, lol… Anyways….
Does the dimmer control work the same with all the dash LED’s?

AAAANNNDDDDDD. I see a 6.5” sub in that enclosure, did you make it work or get a newer enclosure from an 02-07?
I think I’m wrong and the 6.5“ sub came in 2001 right?

Thanks man, looks fantastic!

Last edited:
Man I’m loving your attention to the small details!

When I got my 1st LC, (same one we have now) I did the whole replace every bulb…. Used factory incan in the cluster and HVAC but used an old Honda bulb for the “D” and it turned out a lighter green, lol… Anyways….
Does the dimmer control work the same with all the dash LED’s?

AAAANNNDDDDDD. I see a 6.5” sub in that enclosure, did you make it work or get a newer enclosure from an 02-07?
I think I’m wrong and the 6.5“ sub came in 2001 right?

Thanks man, looks fantastic!
I installed a Kicker in my '03. Direct replacement. See 2003 Landcruiser Restored and Modified - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2003-landcruiser-restored-and-modified.1258688/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom