2000 Landcruiser - Radio Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My daughter will be driving soon so I am getting the 2000 Landcruiser in shape as her first car. The radio tape player and CD are a bit dated. Has anyone upgraded the radio to something with bluetooth? If so any recommendations?

Second question does anyone elses drivers door lock get stuck during the summer. You can push it manually but does not lock and unlock with the remote on days over 90F. Seems like some expansion.

Thanks in advance

I have a single DIN JVC KD-X340BTS. Crutchfield's kit supplies a single DIN filler. I didn't use the filler as mounted my CB there.
Other than over the air play, it supports BT and USB thumb drive. No CD, but who use those, and something else to break.
Has an external mic you can mount in a good position, so you have very good hands free for your phone.
Can pair more than one phone to it.
Very happy with it, think current model is the 370. Kenwood has a similar unit I was looking at but JVC went on sale first.

Edit: Go to Crutchfield site they have a great selection feature, put in vehicle and features and shows you what works.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. aftermarket radio can be done easily. The issue with these trucks is the amp under the seat. if you plug in an aftermarket radio with a traditional ''jumper harness'' you'll get a very low audible hum that can only be heard when the stereo is low. You can either do the ''dirty bypass'' which essentially re-wires around the factory amp, or you can deal with the hum (which i've done a couple times)

some reading material on the amp issue: Quick and Dirty Amp Bypass?

re: door actuator. pretty common for these to stop working on hotter days especially as they get older. Some people have saved a ton of money by purchasing ebay motors and swapping them into your assembly, however I think its much easier to bite the bullet and buy a new assembly.

Also if one is failing chances are the other's are right behind.

Last edited:
We’ve been pleased with the double DIN Sony XAV-AX1000 unit. It seemed relatively inexpensive, easy install, worked with the factory amp without any unusual noises (in both our 99 LX and 00 LC), added modern features like hands free phone, CarPlay, and a reverse camera. Pair it with a @BenCC M2V2, and a couple of RAM pieces, and you should be “set”.

example in our 99 LX
1606330955243.png

Thanks everyone, great information. Funny I have been driving it more over the last couple days realizing what great vehicles they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom