200 Serious Break Accumulator Noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 2018 with 13k miles on it. I can hear the brake booster loud whining coming through the firewall, just pressing the brakes, without the car being in motion... Any 2018 owner that does NOT have the issue? If that is the case, it proves that there is a problem with some boosters and Toyota should stand behind it!
This is normal behavior. The 200's brake booster is intrusively loud - more so on my Cruiser than LXs naturally.

I have a 2018 with 13k miles on it. I can hear the brake booster loud whining coming through the firewall, just pressing the brakes, without the car being in motion... Any 2018 owner that does NOT have the issue? If that is the case, it proves that there is a problem with some boosters and Toyota should stand behind it!
The only thing that proves is some people have better hearing than others.

All Toyota electric brake boosters will make a faint buzzing sound when operational. My 2001 4 Runner did it and so does my 21 land cruiser.

All Toyota electric brake boosters will make a faint buzzing sound when operational. My 2001 4 Runner did it and so does my 21 land cruiser.
I am very familiar with what you mention. I have a 100 series and the accumulator has a faint buzzing sound as well (inaudible from inside the car). In my 200 the noise is not faint, I can hear it from inside the car and it happens even if I just depress the brakes without having the car in motion. It looks like certain 200 have the problem others don't. For a company of the quality and prestige as Toyota, this should be unacceptable. Quality and Kaizen should be their number one concern. We should not accept this as being normal, we are not helping them (and us) and for an iconic brand such as Land cruiser totally unacceptable. Thank you for listening

I am very familiar with what you mention. I have a 100 series and the accumulator has a faint buzzing sound as well (inaudible from inside the car). In my 200 the noise is not faint, I can hear it from inside the car and it happens even if I just depress the brakes without having the car in motion. It looks like certain 200 have the problem others don't. For a company of the quality and prestige as Toyota, this should be unacceptable. Quality and Kaizen should be their number one concern. We should not accept this as being normal, we are not helping them (and us) and for an iconic brand such as Land cruiser totally unacceptable. Thank you for listening
Relax bud. It’s normal. It’s a Toyota. The Lexus is quieter as I mentioned. Loud noises do not correlate to quality.

Moving or not, the booster and accumulator do the exact same thing.

Also it seems unreasonable to compare noises from different generations.

To my knowledge no one has taken recordings of different vehicles under controlled circumstances with calibrated microphones to definitively say some vehicles have the “problem” where others don’t. If you hate it so much sell it and buy something with silent brakes.. and suffer the lower quality.

I can defiantly say that some vehicles make the sound. the sound I am complaining about is a squeaking high-pitched sound that drives me crazy sounds like pads are worn. This sound can be reproduced with the switch on and pressing the brake pedal.
I have compared the following vehicles which are in my possession
1-2019 LX450D high-pitched squeaking
2-another 2019 LX450D no squeaking.
3-2021 land cruiser 200 4.5 high-pitched squeaking.
4-2008 LX570 no squeaking.
5-2020 lc200 4.5 no squeaking.

This is not a case of having sensitive ears its seriously annoying especially from a high-end vehicle.

It's time to move on, from the sound of it (I'll be here all week folks)

Turn up the radio. From what I’ve read Toyota will not address this issue/nonissue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom