200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, 305/55R20 as their just slightly taller than the 33/12.5's.

Sounds like I might be better off with a +30 offset which means a 20x9 and about 6 to choose from

Yes, +30 will help things fit easier as it minimizes tire swing which can be problematic with a wider tire. Here's what I had to do to fit 305/55R20s.

1608225214769.png

Yes, +30 will help things fit easier as it minimizes tire swing which can be problematic with a wider tire. Here's what I had to do to fit 305/55R20s.

View attachment 2527263
Thanks for that !
I've bookmarked the thread so I can refer back to when the time comes 👍

I'll be buying a 2016+ LX sometime soon. I have a set of black Tundra takeoffs in 18" that I plan to put on to replace the 21s. Will probably buy Michelin Defender LTX tires, loved them on my Sequoia.

What's the best size without risk of any trimming needed? 275/65/18?

285/60/18 is the best size

Anyone has tried running 255/70/18?

As I posted to your other post on this topic:

The latest info I have for the Tundra is 2017, but the P255/70R18 112T tires came standard on the Tundra SR w/ steel wheels and the Tundra SR5 w/ steel wheels.

The Maximum Load Limit for the P255/70R18 112T tire is 2469 lbs @ 35psi. This is too low for use on the LC200 which requires Load Limit for P-Metric tires of 2513 lbs.

However, BFG does offer a KO2 in LT255/70R18 Load Range D (see here on TireRack: BFG KO2 LT255/70R18D) when inflated to a RCTIP 47psi does provide the required Load Limit for the LC200.

So... if the tire is LT255/70R18 then it could be used on a LC200, but P-Metric P255/70R18 and ISO-Metric 255/70R18 tires would not be suitable.

FYI

HTH

So I’ve read through everything I can find here in Mud. I’ve given up on finding RWs and have decided on Method (they give a 20% military discount). Anyone have thoughts on 17” with 0 offset vs 18” with +25 offset? Tires will most likely be toyo at3 in a ~33-34” 285’s on a ‘13 LX. And I do not want to do spacers, went down that road on my 80 then went back.

So I’ve read through everything I can find here in Mud. I’ve given up on finding RWs and have decided on Method (they give a 20% military discount). Anyone have thoughts on 17” with 0 offset vs 18” with +25 offset? Tires will most likely be toyo at3 in a ~33-34” 285’s on a ‘13 LX. And I do not want to do spacers, went down that road on my 80 then went back.
This thread has many pics and discussion on the low offset aftermarket

my personal preference would be as high an offset as you could get. Scrub radius is best on a 33” at around 45mm offset.

I didn't see many pics of this tire size so here is mine. Tire size 305/65/18. Fuel Wheels, 18x9. They are +20 offset. Ironman lift (2" front, 1" rear). Had to grind off about 1" off the edge of the rockers. If you go with wider tires, you will diff have rubbing issues. I had stock size Nitto Ridge Grappler and they rubbed on the mud flaps at full turn. BFG all terrains are about an inch and a half thinner at the tread. I have attached a picture of the old setup too, which was all stock, except for the wheels. This is a 2016, Not a Heritage Edition.

LC.jpg

IMG_20200710_193959.jpg

Last edited:

+25s can be made to work and should be fine with a 285 width tire.

You'll want to avoid anything less in offset, and definitely not 0, as that will be a nightmare to fit with difficult to resolve contact with the bumper, mud flap, and fenders as the tire steers and articulates.

I'm taking delivery of a '21 Heritage Edition in a few weeks. Can anyone help me with this question?

I want to put some larger Ridge Grapplers or BF Goodrich tires on. What is the largest tire size that I can go with on the Heritage Edition wheels that won't require a lift or any other modifications?

THANKS!

I'm taking delivery of a '21 Heritage Edition in a few weeks. Can anyone help me with this question?

I want to put some larger Ridge Grapplers or BF Goodrich tires on. What is the largest tire size that I can go with on the Heritage Edition wheels that won't require a lift or any other modifications?

THANKS!
This has been covered repeatedly, search is your friend. But either 285/65r18 or 275/70r18 will fit without modification. Virtually all choices in these sizes are LT-E rated, for better or worse, with higher required air pressure and more weight than the stock P metric tires.

This has been covered repeatedly, search is your friend. But either 285/65r18 or 275/70r18 will fit without modification. Virtually all choices in these sizes are LT-E rated, for better or worse, with higher required air pressure and more weight than the stock P metric tires.
Nittos are much wider and you will get rubbing on the mud flaps at full crank in stock size, let alone the +1. +1 tires are already stock in the HE. I ran nittos and I'm now running bfgs after the lift. And I am running aftermarket wheels with a slightly more positive offset than stockies.

Nittos are much wider and you will get rubbing on the mud flaps at full crank in stock size, let alone the +1. +1 tires are already stock in the HE. I ran nittos and I'm now running bfgs after the lift. And I am running aftermarket wheels with a slightly more positive offset than stockies.

Thanks! Sorry for the noob question here but what do you mean by "+1" ?

And do you like the BFGs better than the Nittos?

Last edited:
I take the +1 meaning as “one size bigger”, it’s usually used when people intend that to mean an increase in the profile, say from 60 to 65 (likely) - although I’ve seen it used to denote the overall tire “size” from 31,32,33...theres still metric/imperial units strife among tire folk.

Heritage Editions come with the same tires as base models 285/60/18. My research says 285/65/18 should generally be okay on stock wheels. Or indeed the taller, but skinnier, 275/70/18 - however both of these could depend on how aggressive the tread a particular model has In combination with your wheel choice- course your wheel width and offset matters, hence the database.

Not to sound like an idiot but where is the data base located on this forum.

Thanks! Sorry for the noob question here but what do you mean by "+1" ?

And do you like the BFGs better than the Nittos?
Nittos looked awesome and more aggressive. On pavement they were surprisingly as quiet as stock. They did great off road, however they were horrible in the snow. Almost worse than stock. Although they're made of soft rubber, they lasted me 60k miles and I used them every where.
I just installed the bfgs recently. They are actually louder on pavement. They do not look as aggressive as the nittos. They are skinnier. I haven't taken them off road yet but they are not my first set. I had them on my 100 series and they did great off road and in the snow.
I hope this answers your questions.

Is anyone running 285/70/17 tires on Rock Warrior rims on a 2016+ LX? I have searched/read all I can on Mud. I am trying to determine if this tire size will work without any rubbing or if I should install 275/70/17 tires instead.

Is anyone running 285/70/17 tires on Rock Warrior rims on a 2016+ LX? I have searched/read all I can on Mud. I am trying to determine if this tire size will work without any rubbing or if I should install 275/70/17 tires instead.
Fits. It's an optional size on the TLC, and the LX without the KDSS has more room in the wheel well.

A little rubby rub in the rear from 285/75/18:

tempImageH2RUuT.png

I take the +1 meaning as “one size bigger”, it’s usually used when people intend that to mean an increase in the profile, say from 60 to 65 (likely) - although I’ve seen it used to denote the overall tire “size” from 31,32,33...theres still metric/imperial units strife among tire folk.

Heritage Editions come with the same tires as base models 285/60/18. My research says 285/65/18 should generally be okay on stock wheels. Or indeed the taller, but skinnier, 275/70/18 - however both of these could depend on how aggressive the tread a particular model has In combination with your wheel choice- course your wheel width and offset matters, hence the database.

That's the first time I've seen that database! Here is a new version (data can be sorted/filtered on the appropriate tab). Add additional data through the survey here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom