200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys. I am looking for the next set of AT tires and didn't want to post a question to the board without researching first.
What diameter and width target? Sure you don't want R/T/Hybrid? Weight restrictions?

I don’t know if this is the latest update but try this:

Just FYI, the info represented to be from me is incorrect. I have never recommended 38psi, as indicated in the chart, for the LT285/70R17 tires on a LC200 or an LX570. So be aware that, IMHO, all the info in that chart is suspect.

HTH

Ditto. Used to have access too. I should have new shoes in the next couple of days... 295/70/18.

Ooo. Anxiously awaiting pics.

I have drafted a new database file via Google Forms. Please check it out here: Land Cruiser 200 Series Tire Fitment Survey. Responses get dumped to a viewable spreadsheet here: Tire Survey Results. Once we have a good number of responses, I can add pivot tables and filters to the spreadsheet, so folks can more easily find the info they need without having to scroll.

Please offer any feedback on the survey, and I'll try to make it as useful as possible

Good call—I have added an LC vs LX question, but I have designed it for 200 series only. If it works well here, it would not be hard to port to 100 or other series.

Thanks. Hopefully that will avoid any confusion about tire pressures as they are different for LC200 and LX570.

Please offer any feedback on the survey, and I'll try to make it as useful as possible

In the "Tire type" question you only offer 3 possible answers: AT, MT and P-Metric. There are three other types that should be included: LT-Metric, ISO-Metric and Flotation. In the case of ISO-Metric sizes, Load Index and whether SL (Standard Load) or XL (Extra or Reinforced Load) is also required. You mat also want to include Load Range for LT-Metric tires since many brands/sizes offer multiple Load Ranges (C, D. or E) for the same size tire.

This leads into the next question about tire size which you say must be in the format ###/##R##. This will not work for all possible tire types. Please consider the following possible tire sizes:

P-Metric: P285/70R17
LT-Metric: LT285/70R17
ISO-Metric: 285/70R17
Flotation: 33X12.50R17LT

HTH

In the "Tire type" question you only offer 3 possible answers: AT, MT and P-Metric. There are three other types that should be included: LT-Metric, ISO-Metric and Flotation. In the case of ISO-Metric sizes, Load Index and whether SL (Standard Load) or XL (Extra or Reinforced Load) is also required. You mat also want to include Load Range for LT-Metric tires since many brands/sizes offer multiple Load Ranges (C, D. or E) for the same size tire.

This leads into the next question about tire size which you say must be in the format ###/##R##. This will not work for all possible tire types. Please consider the following possible tire sizes:

P-Metric: P285/70R17
LT-Metric: LT285/70R17
ISO-Metric: 285/70R17
Flotation: 33X12.50R17LT

HTH
New tire type choices added--plus optional load rating question and front/rear pressure. ☑

What diameter and width target? Sure you don't want R/T/Hybrid? Weight restrictions?
@grinchy I was hoping to gather some info from the database before asking any questions.

For whatever reason when I bought my last set of tires, I got 285/60R18 load range D. With the lift, they look too small.

Although I've been pretty good about rotating them, I'm getting irregular wear on the current set on the front. Likely accelerated because I need an alignment (post lift). The vendor recommended getting 1000 miles in before alignment, so I'm due to have it done. They're starting to get a little more noisy (about 25k miles of use).

Also, my TPMS sensors are original from 2013, so I'm thinking it is a good time to have them replaced.

I want to go a little bigger, but need them to fit in the stock spare tire location.

I don't want to do any fine tuning to fenders or plastic - I want no rubbing, no trimming.

As far as tire brand/model, I've run BFG A/T TA KO and A/T TA KO2 on trucks and land cruisers for as long as I can remember, and they've been good year round tires. I live in the northeastern United States, in Vermont, where we get plenty of snow and some ice several months of the year, so I need a winter capable tire (I have zero interest in separate dedicated snows ). But, I'm interested in what others are using, to see if it is worth a change. Several people claim the BFG is dated technology and tread pattern.

I am running 1.25" spacers and 18" TRD rims from a 2017 Tundra. I gained couple of inches of lift from the King 2.5 suspension.

Based on a 'mud thread search in the 200 forum, it seems like the 275/70R18 are the most common choice.

Last edited:
275/70R18 are the most common choice.
Seems a reasonable deduction. That use need also fits the falken at3w, and then a slew of other ats too. If you can stomach slight (30 min or so nothing visible afterward) trimming you could try 285/70r18 too.

New tire type choices added--plus optional load rating question and front/rear pressure. ☑

I added a second response to try and standardize my inputs to match format of other submissions. You can delete my first entry.

Just filled out the tire survey. Should be helpful for people trying to answer the "will this fit" question. Good work @dntlflosstycoon
Thank you! I have removed a few duplications on the spreadsheet and added a worksheet ("Filtered results") that will allow folks to filter and sort the sheet, but I don't know how well that will work for viewers and editors. Maybe someone can try to sort and filter the results and let me know if it works.

Unfortunately the "responses" tab on the survey does not exclude the duplicated entries. Please keep other suggestions coming to make this thing useful.

@grinchy I was hoping to gather some info from the database before asking any questions.

For whatever reason when I bought my last set of tires, I got 285/60R18 load range D. With the lift, they look too small.

Although I've been pretty good about rotating them, I'm getting irregular wear on the current set on the front. Likely accelerated because I need an alignment (post lift). The vendor recommended getting 1000 miles in before alignment, so I'm due to have it done. They're starting to get a little more noisy (about 25k miles of use).

Also, my TPMS sensors are original from 2013, so I'm thinking it is a good time to have them replaced.

I want to go a little bigger, but need them to fit in the stock spare tire location.

I don't want to do any fine tuning to fenders or plastic - I want no rubbing, no trimming.

As far as tire brand/model, I've run BFG A/T TA KO and A/T TA KO2 on trucks and land cruisers for as long as I can remember, and they've been good year round tires. I live in the northeastern United States, in Vermont, where we get plenty of snow and some ice several months of the year, so I need a winter capable tire (I have zero interest in separate dedicated snows ). But, I'm interested in what others are using, to see if it is worth a change. Several people claim the BFG is dated technology and tread pattern.

I am running 1.25" spacers and 18" TRD rims from a 2017 Tundra. I gained couple of inches of lift from the King 2.5 suspension.

Based on a 'mud thread search in the 200 forum, it seems like the 275/70R18 are the most common choice.

I was in the same spot and just last week jumped to a 275/70R18 GoodYear Duratrac - I managed to hit a trail since I’ve had them on and so far so good, no rubs I can find yet. A touch “squishier“ on the interstate, but the off-road grip is better than the KO2’s. Now no firsthand experience for winter, but my SAR team here swears by them, many POV’s on them where people used to switch to snow tires, now they stay on the Duratrac. I’ve driven our team vehicles in lots of snow on them and they do well (Suburban and 3500 trucks) but those aren’t LC’s.

Hope that helps some.

Installed 295/70/18 Yokohama G003s. Keep in mind I have Tundra front end conversion, and aftermarket UCAs. Had to trim the front mud flaps, and then push the front fender liner forward and reattached using the existing s-clip. After that though, zero rubbing on street driving. We'll see what happens this weekend when I get off-road. Measured the mounted height and it came to ~33.75" give or take. In order to fit the 5th as a spare I removed the rear bracket by the pan hard and the thing barely fit.
IMG_20200721_192651 (1).jpg
IMG_20200721_192645.jpg
IMG_20200721_163559.jpg

Last edited:
To the survey I have added an option to indicate whether your truck has the Tundra conversion. It will take a couple responses before I can add it to the filtered responses.

Figured I post these here too ... tires went on yesterday.

275/70/18 BFG's. Only slight rub [in front] in reverse at a full lock. Planning on either spacers or lift which will take that away. Running 40-41psi and it's been very quiet at low speeds, up to 50mph. I'm sure I'll hear a little something more at 60mph+ ... but so far so good.
203.jpg

Hate to post yet another “will it fit” question but I could do definitely use some insight on my intended setup.

2015 LC200, totally factory suspension (trying to avoid lifting it if possible due to low garage clearance)

That being said I want to maximize sidewall for the occasional trip off the black top. As for tire size I’m leaning towards 285/70/17 for a set of BFG KO2.

I understand that this tire is suitable when paired with a RW wheel, however I am hoping to run the OZ Rally Raid. The OZ wheel is 17x8 with a 30mm offset. Given the success others have had pairing the RW’s with the above tire size, I thought this should work, the real question mark is how profound the impact will be of an additional 20mm of offset... (et50 vs et30) hoping mud flap removal will be sufficient to avoid too much rubbing.

Anyone running a similar setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom