200 series roof rack options (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I used the search option and also looked through the pins and didn't really find anything detailed. I wanna get a roof rack for my 200 series before bumpers n sliders. More helpful for family camping trips. I didn't really see a comprehensive comparison of different racks. The ones i know are Prinsu. Gamaviti. Front runner. Rhino. Gobi and Baja. I just wanted to know your opinions. Pictures. Why you chose yours . Buyers remorse? Also if the statement "i would never buy (brandX) because..." comes to mind. Please do tell.
I like the expedition look so slim doesn't matter. With that said most all of them have the basket attachments of some kind. I'll probably do LED spots uptop for a more classic look rather than light bar. Price doesn't matter because they're all fairly close. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I am also in the market for a roof rack. I think I decided on a rhino rack with the backbone support. Since it will be difficult to wash / wax the roof of the vehicle, I think I will try to vinyl wrap the roof in satin black. maybe it will contrast well with the blizzard pearl and the black bumpers / wheels.
If I ever have to pull the roof rack off again I'm doing a white wrap on top in FJ40 tribute

Is the ARB issue fixed at this point? I need a low profile rack for my 200 and trying to figure out what the best option is…

Surprised nobody mentioned the

I currently have an ARB Base on order. The shop I ordered from said they can get me the original low mount option because my 08 doesn’t have the shark fin antenna.

if I couldn’t get the ARB I’d Probably go for the Eezi Awn K9. I know someone who just got it recently and he said fit/finish/quality is day and night difference compared to the FrontRunner he had on his 100.
Do you have pictures of your ARB Base mounted you can share? I have an 08 as well and looking for the lowest profile/high quality RR

Do you have pictures of your ARB Base mounted you can share? I have an 08 as well and looking for the lowest profile/high quality RR
Mine is from the 1st batch they had in the US, so not sure if the super low mounts are still an option. I heard they raised the mounts for shark fin models after I'd already received mine. No shark fin on the 08 so I was happy I got the lower one. But that's what appealed to me. I have it covered with a tent now but 2 years in zero issues.
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1628.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of me for decision making. The profile is nice and low, and if you then also take the lightbar from ARB to it fits perfectly.
And even at 170kmh (~105mph) you hear no big difference when the wind deflector is mounted.

IMG_6022.jpeg
IMG_6023.jpeg
IMG_6025.jpeg
IMG_6026.jpeg
IMG_6024.jpeg

Last edited:
Alot of good rack info in this thread.

I've been trying to find a set of OEM LC roof rails/crossbars for my LX570. Figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had a lead on a set.

Don't mind paying something for them & shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom