200 series picture thread (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i-PLGMPL6-X2.jpg

Here's a better side shot of how it sits:
View attachment 1961939

There's a little bit of forward rake that I hope to correct with the OEM Front Coil Spacers 43136-60020 I got.

A clearer look at the poke 0 offset has:
View attachment 1961940

Gotta love it.
Looking at that pic, I am guessing you are not planning on taking it off road? Those rear fenders will be annihilated immediately. If you are planning on wheeling it - massive bump-stops are your best friend

Looking at that pic, I am guessing you are not planning on taking it off road? Those rear fenders will be annihilated immediately. If you are planning on wheeling it - massive bump-stops are your best friend

I will be taking it off road, but I’m not really into rock crawling or any trails where I’d need a spotter. Most likely dirt/desert roads, and intermediate camping trails. There’s not much out here in Texas haha until you head out a bit. Maybe harder trails after I do a Dobinsons lift. Will look into large bump stops as well, thanks.

@weaselox runs 17x7.5 -5 on 285/70 KM3’s and does fine.

My picture seems like a lot of poke because the fender curves inward as it goes down towards the running boards, but up at the top of the fender there’s a decent amount of room for some articulation.

I agree. Those are not going to stuff up into the fender wells at all:

1556234458034_zpsrq2tlszh.jpg

I'd even be careful going over speed bumps...

Here's a better side shot of how it sits:
View attachment 1961939

There's a little bit of forward rake that I hope to correct with the OEM Front Coil Spacers 43136-60020 I got.

A clearer look at the poke 0 offset has:
View attachment 1961940

Gotta love it.

Ok yeah as some people are pointing out that's probably not the best way to build for extreme off-road....

But it looks soooooo good.. U stumbled onto a really nice look with that particular vehicle/wheels and those fat looking, white letter tires

It's like taboo in the LC world to throw on just enough offset to have that aggressive look so you never really see one built like that but it looks great. And heck, if you find out some part of it doesn't work for what you want to do with your rig you can always just CHANGE it - not like wheels and tires are a permanent modification! So UNTIL you find that offset hinders function for YOU just enjoy a bad-A looking truck in the meantime.... haha

And PS - if that is your garage with those wood beams - it looks awesome as well. 😎

So I don't have offroad pics but here's a couple after picking it up from the dealership and tint shop

View attachment 1962151

View attachment 1962153

Sorry if you posted somewhere and I didn't catch it... but what tire size/model / wheel setup you running? Looks like their in that sweet spot to me of big enough to look good/function well but small enough not to be chasing down rubs for the first 3 months and hacking part off your wheel wells..

Ok yeah as some people are pointing out that's probably not the best way to build for extreme off-road....

But it looks soooooo good.. U stumbled onto a really nice look with that particular vehicle/wheels and those fat looking, white letter tires

It's like taboo in the LC world to throw on just enough offset to have that aggressive look so you never really see one built like that but it looks great. And heck, if you find out some part of it doesn't work for what you want to do with your rig you can always just CHANGE it - not like wheels and tires are a permanent modification! So UNTIL you find that offset hinders function for YOU just enjoy a bad-A looking truck in the meantime.... haha

And PS - if that is your garage with those wood beams - it looks awesome as well. 😎
Thank you for understanding and for the kind words. My goal visually is to have something aggressive and iconic. Really enamored with how it looks, and I still have my stock wheels if I want to throw some 285/65R18's on them and go wheeling hardcore. It's just wheels. Regardless, I don't have a lift and I wouldn't be hitting any hard trails that would challenge my fenders. I finished the fender liner modifications yesterday and tried to torture test it going over hard bumps and a little bit of dirt road action, and it did fine over the bumps and dips. (Speedbumps were fine too :)) I understand those with concerns, and I did evaluate them in making my decision to go with 0 offset wheels and I'm incredibly happy with what I did end up going with.

For comparison, kreiten is running 18x9+20 on 285/70R18 - his wider wheel has just 13.7mm less effective poke than I do, and his tire is a whole inch taller than mine, and he is running a 2" Ironman lift. He is probably one of the most aggressive wheelers on this forum, and his setup is "unorthodox" by these standards. My setup is fine right now for the dirt roads in the country I want to take it on for camping, and with a 2" lift and adjustable UCA's, I don't think I'll consider hard trails that would test my limits for a loooong time. North Texas is pretty flat...

Back on topic for the picture thread: gave it a wash, and I'd say it looks pretty good:

Thank you for understanding and for the kind words. My goal visually is to have something aggressive and iconic. Really enamored with how it looks, and I still have my stock wheels if I want to throw some 285/65R18's on them and go wheeling hardcore. It's just wheels. Regardless, I don't have a lift and I wouldn't be hitting any hard trails that would challenge my fenders. I finished the fender liner modifications yesterday and tried to torture test it going over hard bumps and a little bit of dirt road action, and it did fine over the bumps and dips. (Speedbumps were fine too :)) I understand those with concerns, and I did evaluate them in making my decision to go with 0 offset wheels and I'm incredibly happy with what I did end up going with.

For comparison, kreiten is running 18x9+20 on 285/70R18 - his wider wheel has just 13.7mm less effective poke than I do, and his tire is a whole inch taller than mine, and he is running a 2" Ironman lift. He is probably one of the most aggressive wheelers on this forum, and his setup is "unorthodox" by these standards. My setup is fine right now for the dirt roads in the country I want to take it on for camping, and with a 2" lift and adjustable UCA's, I don't think I'll consider hard trails that would test my limits for a loooong time. North Texas is pretty flat...

Back on topic for the picture thread: gave it a wash, and I'd say it looks pretty good:
View attachment 1963732
View attachment 1963730

Absolutely nothing wrong with being aggressive and building aggressively. I have arguably one of the more aggressive builds here.

I have a concern, but it has nothing to do with some Land Cruiser taboo.
**Good news is there are ways to keep your look and address concerns as well.

My only red flag re poke beyond the wheel wells (other than issues with scrub) is that when the main top threads stick out beyond the fender (not the side-wall, bc sides don’t do this), it throws a steady shower of rocks/gravel on people behind you.

This is one of the FEW CA laws that actually make sense to me, and it’s basically trying to reduce windshield damage—and even more importantly—reducing injuries to motorcyclists. When a motorcyclist is whacked, he doesn’t just get a broken windshield— There a good chance he is injured or goes down.

We all throw rocks from time to time on the trail...but the excessive poke is a real problem for other motorists.

That’s all.
Truck looks great, of course.

I think adding flares to your truck would solve the safety issue, and preserve the look you are after. Flares that are actually NEEDED are still cool. :hillbilly:

Or...if you truly want to go all in...have your fenders rolled and flared. Would look ver distinctive indeed!

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing wrong with being aggressive and building aggressively. I have arguably one of the more aggressive builds here.

I have a concern, but it has nothing to do with some Land Cruiser taboo.
**Good news is there are ways to keep your look and address concerns as well.

My only red flag re poke beyond the wheel wells (other than issues with scrub) is that when the main top threads stick out beyond the fender (not the side-wall, bc sides don’t do this), it throws a steady shower of rocks/gravel on people behind you.

This is one of the FEW CA laws that actually make sense to me, and it’s basically trying to reduce windshield damage—and even more importantly—reducing injuries to motorcyclists. When a motorcyclist is whacked, he doesn’t just get a broken windshield— There a good chance he is injured or goes down.

We all throw rocks from time to time on the trail...but the excessive poke is a real problem for other motorists.

That’s all.
Truck looks great, of course.

I think adding flares to your truck would solve the safety issue, and preserve the look you are after. Flares that are actually NEEDED are still cool. :hillbilly:

Or...if you truly want to go all in...have your fenders rolled and flared. Would look ver distinctive indeed!
Ah that makes sense, thank you. I wonder if this also hurls rocks up the side of the truck as well, perhaps causing rock chips in the doors/rocker panels/rear bumper. I’m working on trying to at least reshape the front mudflaps and throw them back on. To be honest, I’d actually also consider rolling and flaring the fenders as well. @ToyotaIsLife has some killer prerunner front fenders (fiberglass maybe?), and those would also be quite cool.

Sorry if you posted somewhere and I didn't catch it... but what tire size/model / wheel setup you running? Looks like their in that sweet spot to me of big enough to look good/function well but small enough not to be chasing down rubs for the first 3 months and hacking part off your wheel wells..

Stock size...this is my wife's vehicle. Short trips and get through snow without issues. My 4Runner is used for anything more than that.

20190422_191017.jpg

20190422_191003.jpg

20190422_190953.jpg

Just found the perfect buyer (he found me) for my 4Runner and made my way into my second 200 series (sold my 2013 LC two years ago), but this time a LX. Happy to be back! Not going crazy on the modifications this time. Wheels/Tires, Sensor lift, ARB Drawers, Fridge, compressor and sliders for now.

So long Big Red!

Hello Darkness, my old friend.

I think up first, I'm going to do wheels/AT tires and black out the chrome like the Inspiration Series

Anyone have any suggestions for wheels that are not RWs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom