200 series picture thread (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Travis,
How did your Ridge Graoolers do in that poop soup? My only wish for my RGs would be wider voids. How’d it go compared to your old Trail Gs in nasty goo?

Photos suggest shedding that mud wasn’t gonna happen anyway...but curious about the comparison since you’ve now run both. I’ve been on those same Ridge Gs for coming up on two years now.

Whatchu think @Willy beamin ? :steer:

Great pics btw!

M
The picture with the white 80 on 4d's was running ProComp MT's and his treads stayed packed pretty much all day. Not sure the trail grapplers would have shed any better. I was in 4lo and 2nd-3rd gear all day, might have seen 6mph. I do wish I had taken the time to switch out my RG's for the spare set of STT Pros I still have mounted. That being said, the two guys with MTS in our group of six were packing just as much mud in their tread as the ATs were. Good thing about that sticky mud is it sticks to itself so there was some traction believe it or not, but nowhere near what you'd really want. When the perma-frost thawed is was game on!

Not sure the trail grapplers would have shed any better. I was in 4lo and 2nd-3rd gear all day, might have seen 6mph. I do wish I had taken the time to switch out my RG's for the spare set of STT Pros I still have mounted. That being said, the two guys with MTS in our group of six were packing just as much mud in their tread as the ATs were. Good thing about that sticky mud is it sticks to itself so there was some traction believe it or not, but nowhere near what you'd really want. When the perma-frost thawed is was game on!

Ya, maybe not the best example for comparison. Gonna clump up no matter what I guess.

I’ve hiked through jungle where no matter what you wear on your feet, you have huge, gnarly clumps of sticky mud to where boot treads are buried. Sounds like the same.

It came to this @Markuson

Nice!

Good example for the “Should I buy a winch?” threads... where even a group with tow/recovery straps might not cut it, . Pretty tough for another truck to do kinetic-energy yank, or find enough traction for a pull in that terrain.

Gotta love a good winch!

Last edited:
My intent is to contain as much dog/fur as possible. Gridwalls wouldn't work in that case. With how much GSDs shed, simply opening a window usually results in air circulation and an immediate mouthful of fur. So the original idea was to make a fully enclosed crate (with small openings for air flow), making it fit the interior contours as much as possible (to maximize room). That idea fell through for two reasons: it's impossible to make that crate and get it into the vehicle through either the rear hatch or the doors, and it's ridiculously hard to match all of the interior contours, as many of them have bends in two directions simultaneously.

As part of this idea I built what you see in the photo, because that's the maximum amount of material that I can still fit through the rear hatch (at an angle). Now that it has fallen through, the next best thing is containing as much as possible, but not having a roof or some parts of the driver's side wall. No roof means no artificial limit to height, which then means the right wall can be a bit shorter, which then means the crate can be easily slid in through the rear hatch without being titled, which then means the front wall can be taller, as it will longer interfere with anything (since it's not being slid it at an angle). Phew.

What I've already done, but not pictured, is attached a pice of clear, 1/4"-thick plastic to the upper (open) half of the front wall (which sits against the 2nd row seats). This means that the dog/fur is largely contained, and the only visual obstruction to my rear-view is the 1/2" profile of the big plywood wall (ie. minimal).

I'm going to add a similar, but much smaller "window" to the driver's side wall, which will encourage the dog to stay laying down instead of popping up to see out the window, make a few small trims for better fitment around the seat belt hardware, make the mounting/attachment setup, and then it'll be ready for stain/finish. Will share the final result!
Make sure she's got enough ventilation to keep cool, fur nothwithstanding. The cargo area can get hot.

I swear he (Logan) knows when I’m about to take a picture and decides to try and walk out of every frame :D

I swear he (Logan) knows when I’m about to take a picture and decides to try and walk out of every frame :D

Just set him somewhere with interesting stuff to watch... :hillbilly:

Bindi stood here happily curious about loose radiator cover buttons for a minute or so while I snapped this (don’t worry...I picked her up before she might have attempted stepping out).

Ohh no, only 30 percent power is useable... was just about to park.

This happened to a friend with a 16 lc200 as well turned out to be a damaged piston same exact warning.

If this turns out to be a damaged piston then this is my opportunity to finally make the decision to upgradte to a heavy duty big bore piston kit with connecting rods.

D2F2D24D-4A34-4CFA-ADC3-EB484404AA07.jpeg

15" out on Washington's Olympic Peninsula........

Have a snowblower - hadn't been used in 3 years.
Filled with gas & started 1st pull - of course because it's a HONDA ha!

View attachment 1900952

Could you come snowblow Phinney Ridge and the 520 bridge so I can get to work Monday? In the meantime I’m going to drive around the neighborhood in 4L with the CD locked just because I can.

Then I got stuck in terrible mud and had to pull myself out with the excavator.. View attachment 1901153

Maybe time to install a winch where your front license plate is.... :hillbilly: You’ve got the bumper already...

Glad you were able to find help tho.
That’s a serious machine that pulled you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom