200 Series Head Unit Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been looking at this for some time. You answered some specific questions than I could not find. Thanks! Does everything work as usual after the install? You mentioned replacing the rear cam. Did you have to run a new cable for the new cam to work with the system? I want to do this but I don't want to tear everything apart and find out mid install I need a random cable or new amp. Seen plenty of videos. Do you have any links?
The after market cam just works with a power wire (revers light) and rhe yellow video plug like most devices.

The OEM cam is a different one, works on 6v. There is a video on youtube if you want to use that one, newd to modify some wires, i would not recomend that. I left the original cam in, and added the other one just next to it.

Wire just goes from the tailgaite trough the rubber next to the hinge, from the roof towards the side, behind the side panel and door/floor panel towards the device.

I just installed an aftermarket cam wich has a round view to get used to because its part of a 360 set, but has 10 times the better night vision because of its build in IR light.

If I'm reading this correctly, you did away with the factory backup cam and used one that came with the 360/birds eye view camera set instead? And you noticed an improvement in overall quality?

Were you able to utilize the factory wiring for the backup camera and trigger wire, or did you run a whole new video and/or trigger wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom