200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More steelies

cY0JQQ4.jpg

So from what I can find, an 18" 2015 Tundra TRD wheel will fit a 2000 100 series?

Last edited:
How's the ride quality on the steelies from any sort of increased weight, etc.? I.e. acceleration, mpg, "seat of your pants feel", steering, tracking, etc.

Thanks for any feedback, digging the setup!
Steering feels a little a little slower/heavier than with the aluminum wheels. Suspension wise ride quality is the same so far as I can tell. I haven't driven it enough yet with them to notice a mpg difference but suspect I won't.

Any info on these Tundra 18" BBS? Not sure of the center cap situation. Toyota part number 00041-34850. There is a set with tires near me for a reasonable price. I've seen the offset quoted as +40 or 50.

s-l1600.jpg

img_0167-jpg.14569

tundra-jpg.14571

I'm very interested a get a set of almost new TRD wheels from 2018 Tundra for my 04 LX. Could anyone has experience to confirm if it's direct fit without any issue, or there is some minor modification needed? Thanks!

Last edited:
The wheels will fit directly, but it's my understanding that the center caps will probably need some trimming/modification to fit properly.

The wheels will fit directly, but it's my understanding that the center caps will probably need some trimming/modification to fit properly.
Thanks for the reply!
So it's the center cap with the Toyota logo needing some work to snap on, right? Or, I can at least run it without the cap?

From the reading, it seems people also put the spacer. Is it just to fit the wheel or some other purpose? I'd like to avoid spacer if not necessary.

Not sure about the spacer- I'm getting a set of 18" 2015 Tundra wheels- not planning on spacers.

I'm very interested a get a set of almost new TRD wheels from 2018 Tundra for my 04 LX. Could anyone has experience to confirm if it's direct fit without any issue, or there is some minor modification needed? Thanks!
View attachment 1900655
They will fit but you will need to flatten the front dust caps. I flatten mine and used a dremel sander to sand away a little of the inside of the center cap until it was able to pop into place.

They will fit but you will need to flatten the front dust caps. I flatten mine and used a dremel sander to sand away a little of the inside of the center cap until it was able to pop into place.View attachment 1900687
Nice! I just put the exact same tires on my "03... I am so psyched with how they ride. Had to do a tiny bit of trimming, but nothing too involved.

Last edited:
View attachment 1900655

There are many many members who posted about this very experience in this very thread.

They will fit but you will need to flatten the front dust caps. I flatten mine and used a dremel sander to sand away a little of the inside of the center cap until it was able to pop into place.
Very helpful! I just see a new set of 4 18" wheels with new Michelin AT tires coming off a new 2019 Tundra OR available local. Can't wait to get it.

So basically 2 things needs to be done, correct?
  1. Flatten the front dust caps (on the wheel hubs)
  2. Sand the inside of the center cap (the cap on the wheel with logo)
There are many many members who posted about this very experience in this very thread.
Exactly! That's how I come into this thread. However, Just saw the deal came up last night, and started researching now. Want to get the quick confirmation to grab the wheels before it's gone. Really good price! I'm certain I can spend the whole morning to go through 36 pages.:)

Very helpful! I just see a new set of 4 18" wheels with new Michelin AT tires coming off a new 2019 Tundra OR available local. Can't wait to get it.

So basically 2 things needs to be done, correct?
  1. Flatten the front dust caps (on the wheel hubs)
  2. Sand the inside of the center cap (the cap on the wheel with logo)
Exactly! That's how I come into this thread. However, Just saw the deal came up last night, and started researching now. Want to get the quick confirmation to grab the wheels before it's gone. Really good price! I'm certain I can spend the whole morning to go through 36 pages.:)

What method are you using to flatten the front dust caps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom