200 Rear Bumper Chop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it looks great. I am curious if there is a cad file? I like it, for my use I would prefer an angle toward the rear wheels.

I would prefer an angle toward the rear wheels.

Not a bad idea.

Separately perhaps also add a kick-out or step alongside as there as certain pinch situations where it could help protect the rear.

1566000415221.png

Exactly but with more slope similar to the newer RR, I am really suprised that I haven't seen a 200 bumper with kickouts or quarter panel protection. I had too many OHSHEEP moments in my 80 (I hate body damage).

On a positive? I got a parking lot bump and went to get an estimate they are pricing new bumper and paint. My deductible is $250 so this might be in the near future.

Exactly but with more slope similar to the newer RR, I am really suprised that I haven't seen a 200 bumper with kickouts or quarter panel protection. I had too many OHSHEEP moments in my 80 (I hate body damage).
RLC is about 3/4 extended past the bumper cover. Should provide pretty good protection for this.

Grinchy, good to know. One day I will be around and be able to make one of the local outings.

This thread is awesome!

Friggin’ A baby! That thing is the boss!

Looks great! If you ever put the spare back under the truck, would love to see how far below the bumper it hangs.

Wow! - Way better than the chunky rear bumpers on the market. Light and lit!

@Toyota take note please! No more unnecessarily fat bumper covers!

As awesome as this is (so extremely awesome and I'm so glad that someone finally went there), and as much sense as this makes for the off-roading contingent...

OEMs can never do it this way. Direct to frame structures at the extremities, would make for poor crumple zones in an accident. Unless the other deformable object, aka vehicle, serves as the crumple zone. ;)

I guess it depends on the application. On some vehicles, there is a styrofoam piece as well as a crash bar. In the case of the rear bumper cover on the 200, there's a whole lot of empty air on both the left and right sides, along with some plastic cladding and oversized mudflaps under each side, and just a small air pocket between the rear of the plastic cover and the frame. I think the sides are angled down for styling reasons to line up with the running boards/side steps. Easy enough to fix/modify, though.

OUTSTANDING!! Great work, great video! Would love to push the limits and pin-strip my LC like that!! But DAMN, I just can't bring myself to do it... yet.

Next up: Front Bumper Chop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom