1st of the updated blowers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week I finished the 3 1/2 month wait for the reupdate of the Kazuma blower. when Dan called with the good news I could hardly wait for brown to finish kicking the boxes in the front door, it must be just me but they seem to damage just about everything that I order. Dan hooked me up with a new fan.
The install went seemless. 4 months ago I replaced the HG and had the injectors cleaned and posted the print out. Resealed the oil pan, only spent about 5 hours on the pans. With the blower order I got a new front crank seal and oil pump o-ring and new screws. The trick with the starter to break free the crank bolt worked awesome. The oil pump was the hardest. had to remove the radiator and loosen up the core support for the A/C condenser in order to have room for a 4# sledge and a screw driver impact driver..
After looking at the directions for the coolant lines that go to the throttlebody I thought that it did not need to be heated and just bypassed the throttlebody and plugged the open ends on the throttle itself. The lines for the TPS and whatever were extended when I did the HG. I have a serpentine belt tool with multiple fittings that made the belt a easy deal. Popped in the new NGK iridium plugs one step cooler BKR6EIX, OBTW don't drop them they crack very easily and will cause a miss, luckaly I remembered the one that I dropped #1 the first one.
Fired right up first try, now the high rpm startup is a little slower, hell of an expensive fix... driving impressions are wonderfull, this rig moves with determination now! , not like an old man before.
When I spoke to Dan he mentioned that the redesign that took so long was supposed to help with not heating the compressed air as much. And help with low end boost. I snapped some pics of the assembly and compared it to others pics, the only noticable diff is the hump on the top of the blower itself that looks like a bolt hole is now gone.
Driving down the highway it will boost on a grade (load) at 1800 rpm's ever so slight ( no gauge just feel and slight noise) really starts boosting at 2100-2200. I had 1/2 tank of regular 87 octane for 100 miles and never pushed it over 3800 and no ping at all. Fulled up with the good stuff for me at least 91 oct and let it rip, no ping at all even at 4800 with a 3800 lb toy hauler in tow.
Tows now much better, will even accelerate on overdrive at 60 mph, would not do it without downshifting. It used to downshift if I looked at it wrong, not anymore. I tow with the power button off on the trans, seems to hold the gears longer and let me use the throttle more.
Gotta wait for the credit card to get payed off before the next thing.... WI ! then supra FP and adjustable FPR or maybe MAF's up and comming boost for the TRD.
The question that I have is do those boost feelings ever go away? and is that rpm boost similar to others. Being the first here to have the new redesign?

Awesome. I'm a little jealous, but still nice write-up. I can't wait till i have enough money to poney up the 80.

Sounds very nice - nice indeed!

DougM

If they rerelease the blower for the UZ, I will buy the wife a 100 series, it has been 2 years without a new to her car, and me the blower. And continue my hording with 2 blown cruisers!
People say that a blown 80 is faster and more power usable than an 100, anyone have first hand experience?

FZJFillmore said:
Does that mean the blower for the UZ is coming back too?

I doubt that you will ever see it. There is a durability issue with some internal component (I think it is connecting rods) and TMS will never bless it.

Rainy Day FZJ said:
do those boost feelings ever go away?

Yes, when you continually realize you are paying $0.20 more per gallon just for premium which would not be so bad but the wife keeps adding it up in her head.

My blower goes on ebay next week :flipoff2:

I traded cable TV for mine and I have NEVER looked back.:D

Well, I do sorta miss the History channel.......:mad:

No pics???????????????

Premium is a worthwhile sin for the gains one gets from being blown. :flipoff2:

So what are the S/C options for my 92' 80?

Kent

livelarg said:
So what are the S/C options for my 92' 80?

Kent

Nada.

And the REAL question:

What's the price on the new unit? Unchanged from the old or higher?

Cruiserhead05 said:
So i wonder if this all will change some opinions on....

Turbo Vs. Supercharge

No..?

UHM NO!

Nothing like hearing that turbo spool up. :flipoff2:

tiorio said:
And the REAL question:

What's the price on the new unit? Unchanged from the old or higher?

Same at the moment.

Hey Dan, what's new with this version? Has the part number changed?

The part number changed when TMS rolled TRD parts distribution into the "normal" parts system. The blower was redesigned in an effort to reduce the ammount the compressed air is heated and to improve low speed boost. I did not open the kit up to look at the blower before I shipped it so I have not actually seen the difference.

I will get some pics up on the board today if I am not busy at work. IE no calls and no one gets hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom