1st expedition in the 100. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the first time I've been to the mountains without my 80. I've had this 100 for a couple months now, and it's time to turn it loose.

IMG_0570.JPG

Very interested in knowing what you think. On the road it is a no brainer but wonder what you think when out in the bush.

This past spring I took my 100 from Texas to Grand Canyon, to Hover Dam, to Las Vegas, to Reno , to Lake Tahoe, to Mammoth lakes, and then back through New Mexico and back to Texas. She did great with zero problems. However not much time off road.

how did you mount the jack to the rack? how is it working out?

how did you mount the jack to the rack? how is it working out?
4 inch u bolt with HiLift mounts. The flat washer molded to the rack to keep the angle so the jack would stay off the roof rail. I just finished over 100 miles in the Rocky Mountains and it hasn't moved at all.

IMG_0636.JPG

Very interested in knowing what you think. On the road it is a no brainer but wonder what you think when out in the bush.

This past spring I took my 100 from Texas to Grand Canyon, to Hover Dam, to Las Vegas, to Reno , to Lake Tahoe, to Mammoth lakes, and then back through New Mexico and back to Texas. She did great with zero problems. However not much time off road.

On hardball, there is no comparison. On the trails here in Colorado, the 100 won't make it up some of the trails my 80 can, YET! Clearance was the only issue.
The ride on trail is black and white when compared to my 80.
Within 200 meters of being on a trail my girlfriend said, sell the 80 and use the money to build this one.
She's hooked, I mean she has been bitten by the bug. She's already mapping out overland trips.

With our base camp near St. Elmo, we hit all the nearby passes (Tin Cup, Cumberland, and Hancock). We also made the journey to the top of Mt. Antero.
I attempted Grizzly Lake, but failed.
Ended with a little scar from it.

IMG_0634.JPG

I have one just like that on my driver's side. We could start a club, but I bet it'd be every 100 that's ever been on a trail and still has the original rear bumper. I figure it builds character, right?

I have one just like that on my driver's side. We could start a club, but I bet it'd be every 100 that's ever been on a trail and still has the original rear bumper. I figure it builds character, right?

Indeed!

what bumper is that?

I used it as an excuse to get the Slee. :)

042416_HawkPride_3.jpg

With our base camp near St. Elmo, we hit all the nearby passes (Tin Cup, Cumberland, and Hancock). We also made the journey to the top of Mt. Antero.

View attachment 1502535

Holy cow! My wife and I hiked Grizzly Lake. Couldn't imagine taking a 100 up that thing...that takes some cajones. Tincup was still shutdown at the very top when we were there at the end of June. Heading back up next month to cross over Tincup and Cumberland and hike up Fairview. The trail networks on the east side of BV are really awesome.

042416_HawkPride_3.jpg

I'll prolly just keep mine, until it's shredded. Then I build a bumper. Guys want wayyy to much for those things.

what bumper is that?
It has a slee sticker on it, but that don't really mean anything.
I bought it off Craigslist for $300 bucks.
It was about as crooked as a dogs hind leg. I had to use a torch and sledgehammer to get it to fit properly.

I'll prolly just keep mine, until it's shredded. Then I build a bumper. Guys want wayyy to much for those things.
Meh, you beat on the truck like I do and they're worth the price, imo. But to each his own.

I used a C clamp and a small piece of 2x4 and it came out. If you look hard enough you can see a slight flat spot. But you gotta look for it. It's in my buil thread if you want to see what I mean.

042416_HawkPride_3.jpg

View attachment 1502535
I popped the damage to my right rear corner out with my fist, on the trail. Bought matching 1C3 paint and some clear on the web. You can't see it's there unless you know. Didn't bother sanding or filling it, just sprayed, as I am pretty sure it will happen again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom