1HZ A/C Compressor Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Evidently there are two different types of compressors for the 1HZ - the Long Type and the Short Type.
The long type ***should*** be for 1HDT equipped vehicles. I measured my bracket to crank pulley distance last year and my 1HZ clearly needs the short style.

I think the short ones are for 7* series. The long are for 80/100 series. The 1HZ engine sits 10mm approx closer to the radiator in a 7* series than an 80 series etc. I remember taking measurements for someone and comparing them to his measurements. There are other components on the front of the engine that is different also.

I think the short ones are for 7* series. The long are for 80/100 series. The 1HZ engine sits 10mm approx closer to the radiator in a 7* series than an 80 series etc. I remember taking measurements for someone and comparing them to his measurements. There are other components on the front of the engine that is different also.

Thanks for the clarification!

After a bit more digging, it appears that maybe the compressor in the OP is for a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado with the 1KZ-TE engine.

Edit: It might be Toyota PN 88320-35610.

Air Con AC Compressor fits Toyota Landruiser Prado 3.0L Diesel 1KZ-TE 2003-2007 | eBay

9047230-E-80-F1-427-C-B389-C319339-DAD91.jpg

029-F7309-4-CDF-4295-B533-797-F1-A82-E974.jpg

D548-E9-CA-A957-43-A7-8-B69-86-A069-EEAA2-B.jpg

I'm still not sure the OEM Toyota PN.

Last edited:
Evidently there are two different types of compressors for the 1HZ - the Long Type and the Short Type.

Yes, but if you look closer, the extra length is in the a/c clutch pulley and head. You can usually swap these over. Have you looked at the 1FZ FE compressor?

Last edited:
Good meeting you yesterday, Will. Let me know when you start the project.

Good meeting you yesterday, Will. Let me know when you start the project.

Likewise! Thanks so much for letting me test-drive your truck. I’m definitely hooked now!

I'll be right there with you soon enough. I've put off the A/C project til next spring, but I've been planning on using a stock Denso 10PA style compressor and use one of these manifold adapters to plumb the lines. Denso / GM Compressor Adapter for 10PA15C, 10PA17C and 10PA20C models

I would be interested to learn what other compressors have the correct mounting bolt and pulley pattern to work with the 1HZ factory mounting bracket as it is obviously difficult to find a 1HZ A/C compressor in the US.

Actually not.

3fe FJ62 compressor is a bolt in job. Coolstream in Arizona has remanned compressors.

Cheers

Actually not.

3fe FJ62 compressor is a bolt in job. Coolstream in Arizona has remanned compressors.

Cheers

The 3FE FJ62 compressor is bolt-on for the factory 1HZ A/C bracket? Awesome!

Do you know if the FJ62 compressor is “long nose” (80 series 1HZ brackets) or “short nose” (70 series 1HZ brackets)?

The 3FE FJ62 compressor is bolt-on for the factory 1HZ A/C bracket? Awesome!

Do you know if the FJ62 compressor is “long nose” (80 series 1HZ brackets) or “short nose” (70 series 1HZ brackets)?

I believe short.

I put one on a 1PZ which is the same as 1HZ. It bolts right up. I actually have the old compressor still that I replaced it with.

Cheers

That's a different model of compressor, this is a 10PA15C, than what's shown in the original post, a 10S17C, but if it bolts up, great. It's a Denso 471-1433.
471-1433 (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom