1HDT on 1HZ manual gear box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
i am new here in the forum and i hope i am in the right section. Otherwise i would appreciate help to move thread.

My question, after purchasing a 2nd hand engine 1HDT here in Cambodia i am planning to install it on my 1HZ manual gear box. Someone oversea told me to becareful as the 1HZ gear box is weaker than 1HDT. Original there was a automatic gear box on the 1HDT engine. I didnt want it as i drive manual only. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I am sure i have some more question later on as there are a few wire near injector pump new for me.

Kind Regards
Reini

The strength is the same for both boxes.

1HZ used H150 gear box with a 275mm clutch and 21 spline input shaft.

1HD-T used H151 gearbox with 300mm clutch and 14 spline input shaft

You should be able to use your flywheel, clutch and gearbox with the 1HD-T

Apart from the spline difference, the 1hz has a lower ratio 1st and 2nd gear but everything else is basically the same.

Ok, so does it change the driving behavior radically? Should i drop using 1st gear now? Any weak points do to different spline size?
Is it plug and play or do i need to modify anything like different bearing obetween clutch/box and engine?
I am living here in Cambodia. Except the workshop manual i dont have many people to ask. I am working as workshop manager in a car dealership but need to be present at all time to avoid f... K ups...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom