1HDT Harmonic Balancer separated (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 HDJ80 1HDT 228k Miles : So I went to use my AC today and noticed it was blowing hot, thinking it was low on freon I opened the hood only to find my AC belt had been slung off the pulley. Upon further inspection it appears the harmonic balancer is started to separate (AC pulley slid forward 1/2" on the rubber). If anyone can provide some insight on the easiest way to change this out and/or links to a better harmonic balancer design than OEM any help would be appreciated. I live at an RV park for work so I'm semi limited on tools. Mace engineering has one in Australia the brand is "Powerbond" if anybody has had first hand experience..

IMG_4186.jpg
IMG_4187.jpg

Use OEM.

Search for 1FZ harmonic. It installs the same just with different torque. Replace the o-ring in it and the front main seal behind it at the same time.

Cheers

Check cruiser outfitters @cruiseroutfit , Kurt carries a lot of this stuff.

We likely have that in stock, that's the #2 pulley if I'm not mistaken. We missed shipping today by a 10 minutes but we can ship tomorrow for delivery as soon as Thursday morning.

1709079770101.png

(EDIT, that may be #1 that has failed - I'm not at the shop to check but I am headed to the museum tonight, I'll try and remember to pop a HDJ8x hood)

@93euroCruiser, shoot our parts team a note with your vehicle specs and they can check stock/pricing

We likely have that in stock, that's the #2 pulley if I'm not mistaken. We missed shipping today by a 10 minutes but we can ship tomorrow for delivery as soon as Thursday morning.

View attachment 3568847
(EDIT, that may be #1 that has failed - I'm not at the shop to check but I am headed to the museum tonight, I'll try and remember to pop a HDJ8x hood)

@93euroCruiser, shoot our parts team a note with your vehicle specs and they can check stock/pricing

No.2 pulley is bolted to the face of the harmonic balancer isn't it? Wouldn't expose rubber?

I did not realize it was a 2 part unit until earlier when I looked on partsouq.com the front pulley (AC Pull is definitely smooth and walking forward the 6 bolts remain bolted to the actual crank pulley. That would be awesome if I could just unbolt that and swap it out. @cruiseroutfit if you have that part in stock I will order tomorrow. Hey all I can say is the ole girl still got me home lol I drive it several hundred miles a week and she doesnt miss a beat. I bought it to drive not sit in the driveway I have been BEYOND impressed with how nice this truck is to travel around in or really do anything in. Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom