1HD-T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2 Yanmar 6LP-DTE (Toyota 1HD) engines that need injectors rebuilt, none of my fuel injector contacts here in North Carolina can help, who rebuilds these injectors, all info greatly appreciated in advance

I got my 1HZ injectors done at Diesel Injection Services in Portland OR. Did the pump at the same time. Didnt blink an eye at it - seemed like pretty routine stuff for them. Are the 1HD injectors more complex or specialized?

Here you can see how they looked before and after.

20220113_164617.jpg

20220113_164609.jpg

20220306_093236.jpg

20220306_093813.jpg

DFIS in Portland did the injectors and injection pump on my brother’s 1HD-T a couple of years ago, they did a great job. The injection system on the 1HD-T is pretty much the same as was used on the 12V Cummins engines, so they were very familiar with the process and had no trouble getting any parts.

Diesel Fuel Injection Services in Portland services my 1HD-T injectors and does excellent work.

I only have one criticism of DFIS portland. Having three sets of injectors rebuilt not one had a usable used tip.
As posted before, i had a set rebuilt by Redding Fuel injection circa 2006 and one of the six needed a new tip. I have other shops do the same. Reshimmed some without replacement.

I would like to know if anyone has had injectors done by them without replacing tips.

I only have one criticism of DFIS portland. Having three sets of injectors rebuilt not one had a usable used tip.
As posted before, i had a set rebuilt by Redding Fuel injection circa 2006 and one of the six needed a new tip. I have other shops do the same. Reshimmed some without replacement.

I would like to know if anyone has had injectors done by them without replacing tips.

I think a lot of people would want tips replaced while they are in there.

Were they asked to re-use tips where possible?

I think a lot of people would want tips replaced while they are in there.

Were they asked to re-use tips where possible?
update, ended up sending injectors to dfis in portland, ended up only needing 1 new injector vs 4 that i was originally told, rebuilt the rest, did use new nozzles in all, my call, arrived in wilmington last week, installed yesterday, engines run fine except for one cylinder, it doesnt flutter when cracked at idle so not getting enough fuel at idle, any rpm above idle it does flutter when cracked, suggested small impurity in pump and to install engines in boat where they can be ran under load at operating temperature and will probably clear itself
thanks again for everyones input!, next question, what model landcruiser has the 1HD-T and are there specific years of that model that are better than another and were any of those left hand steer, ive only seen right hand steer in classifieds

update, ended up sending injectors to dfis in portland, ended up only needing 1 new injector vs 4 that i was originally told, rebuilt the rest, did use new nozzles in all, my call, arrived in wilmington last week, installed yesterday, engines run fine except for one cylinder, it doesnt flutter when cracked at idle so not getting enough fuel at idle, any rpm above idle it does flutter when cracked, suggested small impurity in pump and to install engines in boat where they can be ran under load at operating temperature and will probably clear itself
thanks again for everyones input!, next question, what model landcruiser has the 1HD-T and are there specific years of that model that are better than another and were any of those left hand steer, ive only seen right hand steer in classifieds

I think only 98 to 2002 got the 1HDT after that they went to 1HDFTE updated version
you can check out this site
Kind regards,

I have 2 Yanmar 6LP-DTE (Toyota 1HD) engines that need injectors rebuilt, none of my fuel injector contacts here in North Carolina can help, who rebuilds these injectors, all info greatly appreciated in advance
Looking to sell one of them? Depending on how bad my 1hdt blew I’ll be in the market. I’m in Atlanta

They were built for Aussie (RHD), Japanese (RHD) European (LHD) markets from 1990 to 1995 or 96?
And built for South American (LHD) markets beyond that.

As far as any year being better, depends what you mean?
Through the years, there was minor changes to things like
- injector and injection pump specs.
- Combustion bowl design and location in piston crowns was changed to try to eliminate a harmonic vibration believed to cause premature wear of big end bearings on the crank

Is there particular parts you're looking for that are LHD specific?

Engine parts and ancillaries are the same regardless of RHD/LHD.
Things that would be different are stuff like steering parts, suspension parts, some wiring etc

Post up what you're looking for, there's people who will help.

Or search on Partsouq.com find the parts file for a euro spec model and search parts diagrams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom