1HD-T Converted US 93 FZJ80 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gearing up to diesel swap my 97 FZJ80 so my 1HD-T/A442F swapped 93 is for sale.
This is/was a US FZJ80 so reimporting to the US should not be any issue.
Details...
93 FZJ80, Dark Green ,No lockers. Clean Carfax, no wrecks on record. Seattle/Tacoma truck so no rust whatsoever, and not baked out like Southern US 80s either.
267k Miles on the ODO FWIW the only drivetrain wear items that is still original is the diffs.
Clean grey cloth interior, Not kid worn, put in new Toyota floor mats when I got it 2 years ago.

Paint is in decent shape overall, usuall wear and tear from 15 years of use.
2 small dents on driver fender where my roof rack tipped against it.
Some clear coat starting to flake on one of the flares
Leather steering wheel (Genuine Toyota)
3rd row seats
AC R134 and blows cold.
JDM 80 series aluminum running boards.
JDM passenger side grab handle
Center Diff lock button installed, Pin 7 mod done
ARB Bull bar (winch type)
PIAA Headlamps
Safari Snorkel
OME Medium lift (2.5") 850/860 coils, OME Nitrocharger shocks, OME steering stabilizer
New 285 75 16 BFG All terrain KOs, load range E (maybe 5k miles on em.)
Wholesale Automatics "Extreme Valve body" in the A442F tranny. Quicker tighter shifts, less slipage ($1200 not including instal cost)
Walbro 6065 Fuel lift pump. Low PSI fuel pusher eliminates injection pump starvation and cavitaton
Isspro colored face Pyro (pre Turbo) and Isspro Boost gauge
Factory Dual battery trays w/ 2 Interstates (works with 1 battery if required)
Battery cables built with new#2 welding cable and marine brass terminal clamps.
Factory hand throttle assy
All correct HDJ80 decals on Rear quarter, emblem on grille, diesel decal on gas door.
Rockford Fosgate CD player, single DIN with factory pocket
Alpine 6.5" in front doors
Alpine 4" in rear doors
Class 5 hitch

1HD-T.. Engine had 140k km when it went in, has about 180k km on it now.
Engine was fully serviced, Valves reshimed to spec, compression all in 510-515 psi range, Nice and even with good oil pressure.
Turbo was rebuilt by ADP
Exhaust manifold and turbo dump ceramic coated
JDM ECT type A442F with HF2A transfer case, correct for the 93 model,
New from Japan 1HD-T ECT computer ($600)
New LHD HDJ80 Engine harness
BEB bearings replaced with ACL Copper/Lead type
Injectors serviced by Fred Holmes Fuel injection
New OEM Water pump, Timing belt, Rear main seal
New 12v starter
New OEM fan clutch and fan assy
New OEM belts and Rad hoses
New rubber engine mounts
New OEM AC hoses
TONS of other new parts went into the swap, I won't list em all, total misc put into the swap NOT including the engine/tranny/case was $7500
Amsoil in everything but the crankcase Delo 400 15-40 every 3k miles
Washer reservoir relocated using proper JDM HDJ81 extra capacity reservoir on left fender.

As far as fuel economy goes it depends how you drive it. Pure Hwy @ 60mph on my last road trip, loaded with trailer, gear roof top tent etc I was getting around 400miles on 20gal.
My best was in stock trim. 507 miles on 21gal. The lift, bullbar, tires etc have all cost fuel ecomomy but the way I look at if is that I am still a good 30% ahead of any gas powered 80 in the same trim.

$30k CAD for the works ($25,850 USD at todays rate)
I can swap the stock bumper, wheels and tires, stock suspension onto it from my 97 FZJ80 and take $26kCAD ($22,400 USD)

PM or email to info@gscruiserparts.com for more pics or info
FZJ80pic2.jpg
FZJ80pic3.jpg

Yes. Lots
FZJ80intFb.jpg
FZJ80intF4b.jpg
FZJ80intMb.jpg

Is that mileage using CDN gallons?

Engine with new Turbo and Ceramic coated manifold and dump and stuff.
1HD-T SW2b.jpg

US Gallons

Another pic
FZJ80ext1b.jpg

Bump bump bump...

Drool........ NICE! Perfect rig....

Thanks, it really is a great rig. If it weren't for 97 I am starting a conversion on there would be NO way I would be selling it.

how much did it cost you to convert to diesel? i have a 97 and contemplating this swap.

I'd have to put say right around $18,000 total conversion cost, including the baseline service work on the engine, the Turbo, ceramic stuff, Extreme Valve body, walbro etc.
I didn't have a half cut or donor to work from on this one so it was engine tranny and then all the ancilliary odds were mostly bought new out of Japan. So it added up pretty fast.

Got a ride back from Pismo Beach in this rig, so so sweet a ride it is.......

Good luck Sheldon.

the engine and tranny must have cost you around $10,000 coming out of japan new, right? who did the swap? was the electical a nightmare? these engine can run off biodiesel and straight vegetable oil right? not familiar with japanese diesels, unfortunalely . we dont have too many diesel options in the states.

Engine/tranny/case were used out of Japan from G&S. You could also say that G&S did the swap.
Yes the electrical is pretty involved, I don't know that I would call it a nightmare.. It has become that for some that have attempted 80 swaps. It's doable when you have the correct parts, the HDJ80/FZJ80Toyota EWDs, Toyota EPC, a LOT of patience and a REALLY GOOD JDM parts guy in Japan.
Thanks Dave at Japan4x4

Yes, I run Bio when I can get it. It is not very available in our area yet. I keep a jerry of B99 in the garage and add a galon to every fill of regular diesel for about a 5% blend.
engine loves it. I love the smell.
I have seen a few guys convert the 1HD-T to run vegi as well.

To run biodiesel u did not have to modify fuel lines? Did u have to change put fuel lines anyway for gas to deisel swap anyway?

No issues with the stock rubber Toyota fuel hoses. I run pretty low percent bio though.

Heard that if running bio in colder climates than it can gum up in fuel lines. just curious. some year domestic diesels you have to change fuel lines out to accept bio. not sure if this was the case with foreign diesels as well. also is there any upgrades to the japanese diesels similar to what can be done to domestics, like power programmers or something that would come from banks, bully dog, or ats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom