1FZ ECT Sensor Connector/Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I've already replaced the knock sensor pig tails and all 6 fuel injectors. Now I'm looking at what I believe is the pigtail for the ECT Sensor. Intake side of the cylinder head.

I *think* this is the connector. 90980-11062
Amazon link here

Can anyone verify? Pics of broken plug attached.

For future readers:
For people who might find this thread in the future, the injector connectors are 90980-11153 (x6) and the knock sensor is 82219-35010 (x2). For the knock sensor it's not the exact part for your 80. You either de-pin the connector and put it on yours, or cut and splice. The wire is sold at wits' end or any dealer.

DSC06461.JPG

DSC06462.JPG

DSC06463.JPG

DSC06464.JPG

DSC06465.JPG

I've already replaced the knock sensor pig tails and all 6 fuel injectors. Now I'm looking at what I believe is the pigtail for the ECT Sensor. Intake side of the cylinder head.

Amazon link here

For future readers:
For people who might find this thread in the future, the injector connectors are 90980-11153 (x6) and the knock sensor is 82219-35010 (x2). For the knock sensor it's not the exact part for your 80. You either de-pin the connector and put it on yours, or cut and splice. The wire is sold at wits' end or any dealer.

View attachment 3151877

View attachment 3151878

View attachment 3151879

View attachment 3151880

View attachment 3151881

DO NOT PURCHASE the green counterfeit CHINESE connector from that AMAZON link ..........

it will not work and you will get your feeling hurt in the process ......

green toyota connectors are very unique to only certian sensors etc ........

the BLACK w/ yellow center is the correct one you need ....

Last edited:

Amazon link here

For future readers:

View attachment 3151877

View attachment 3151878

View attachment 3151879

View attachment 3151880

View attachment 3151881

i am currently sold out of that particular connector you here in your hand u need , im sorry .......

however .........

there should be a 5 digits # printed very tiny on it , take that # to your local toyota dealer and also ask to order qty x 2 82998- # # # # # repair terminal leeds as well

number is usually cast printed on the back side

sorry i could be more helpful here .

kindly
matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is EXACTLY what your local Toyota dealer will order you

this is EXACTLY what you need as well .......... :)

1666865251104.png

For future reference, here's a photo showing the numbers printed on an EGR temp sensor connector (1997 FZJ80 US Spec).
Click image twice to magnify:

FZJ80 EGR Temp sensor connector part number (2).jpg

Key words for searches: FZJ80 1FZFE EGR Temp temperature sensor harness connector part number numbers

Last edited:
I appreciate all the input and help! Respectfully, what does it matter if the connector plastic is chinese, japanese, taiwanese, whatever? It's a housing that holds terminals and serves the purpose of connecting the wires to the sensor. If the connector clips onto the sensor, and the original terminals are de-pinned and inserted into the new connector, what's the harm?

Because Chy nah parts are sheit, ie: more prone to breakage/failing, having dimensions, fit, and finish that are off, made from a different material (all plastic is not the same).

If the part is available from Toyota you're almost always better off using that part or a part made by the same companies that make the OE parts for Toyota (like KOYO bearings, NOK seals, etc). The forum has shown that to be the case over and over again.

On top of that every dollar we spend on made in Comm Chy nah sheit parts makes them that much stronger. That's the harm (other than to your vehicle from the sheit part), IMHO.

Last edited:
what does it matter if the connector plastic is chinese, japanese, taiwanese, whatever?

Quality. You *can* get high quality stuff from China, but how are you, the consumer, going to know which product came from the high quality manufacturer? How are you going to know that the seller you're buying from randomly tests product quality to ensure that the manufacturer or a middle man hasn't changed material formulation to save cost?

Anyway, I believe that all of the electrical connectors on the 80 are Yazaki 090-ii type. If you look around, you can find the Yazaki catalog, find part numbers from there, and then search for those numbers in order to find sellers.

I appreciate all the input and help! Respectfully, what does it matter if the connector plastic is chinese, japanese, taiwanese, whatever? It's a housing that holds terminals and serves the purpose of connecting the wires to the sensor. If the connector clips onto the sensor, and the original terminals are de-pinned and inserted into the new connector, what's the harm?

asking these broad brush topic questions here above , i have concluded that i think i was wrong suggesting you DO NOT purchase the counterfeit CHINA green connector on AMAZON last night .... 🤔

i have changed my mind in efforts to Enlighten you for future similar needed land cruiser parts ,,,,,

i think this is a excellent opportunity for you ...

so ...........

- please right now go ahead purchase the AMAZON LINK green china plug part you posted above ,

- DE-Pin your old broken OEM Toyota connector

- De-PIN the new green CHINA amazon one

- RE-insert your original OEM Toyota pins into the new green china AMAZON plug plastic housing

- clip the new china amazon plug back into the old oem sensor itself clip

- then ..........

- tomorrow after it arrives AMAZON FAST prime to your door step ...

- then report back after you have successfully completed all of the above :

-
remember to take and post PLENTY of photos of all your outlined step by steps or they never happened ...........

- i like lotz of step by step TECH PHOTOS , so BRING THEM ON ! :)

kindly
matt

I was asking the question honestly, no intention to provoke. I am currently rebuilding my engine and trust me when I say everything is Toyota OEM in the rebuild so far. Appreciate all the input and knowledge.

Quality. You *can* get high quality stuff from China, but how are you, the consumer, going to know which product came from the high quality manufacturer? How are you going to know that the seller you're buying from randomly tests product quality to ensure that the manufacturer or a middle man hasn't changed material formulation to save cost?

Anyway, I believe that all of the electrical connectors on the 80 are Yazaki 090-ii type. If you look around, you can find the Yazaki catalog, find part numbers from there, and then search for those numbers in order to find sellers.

Thanks.

The back of the plug has the part number 10737-11062 on it. 11062 references a waterproof type connector as listed here in a previous mud post.

It looks like the part number prefix to every connector listed in that post is 90980 followed by 11xxx. So it appears that my part number would be 90980-11062. That does point back to my original part number in post #1. The Toyota OEM connector housing is $9.66. Yotashop also has it for $12.66. There is also one on ebay, used, for $9.99 with that original exact 10737-11062 part number on it.

The one thing I did find in that linked post above is that's for an OBD2 harness. The only difference between the 2 connectors looks to be color. Mine was black, while the 10737-11062 is green. Do these colors represent different use cases, and did they change throughout the years? The 90980-11062 housing is a waterproof housing for a coolant sensor.

The black plug above is not the right one. The slots in the connector won't line up, unless that's a generic photo. If the old connector is facing you, the left side has a low cutout and the right side has a high cutout. Opposite in the one shared.

oldconnector.png

newconnector.png

Last edited:
I don't think housing color matters at all. Manufacturers probably just choose whatever they want to make assembly easier (red to red, black to black, etc). The important thing is pin count, sometimes pin orientation, and layout of any alignment tabs or "filled" holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom