1999 LX470 AHC Refresh/Sunroof resuscitation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning!
After a lengthy search to find a 100 Series with a frame that wasn't completely rusted out, i finally found one and pulled the trigger. I have been slowly taking care of some minor issues that are driving me nuts but the ride comfort and leaking/non-operational sunroof that the previous owner "disabled" are on the top of my list.

I originally planned on deleting the AHC system but after hours spent on this site and love for the comfort of a functioning system, I've decided to stick with the AHC system. After running though the check, it looks like the globes are in need of replacement. Anyone have any ideas as to why the globes listed for Lexus and Toyota have a $25 price difference for the same part number? No difference with the actual part, correct? While im down there, i'm also going to take care of all of the bushings that need some love (probably all of them). Is there a kit available to avoid ordering 1 by 1?

I also plan on dropping the headliner and beginning to diagnose the inop moon roof, aside from the write-ups already on here, does anyone have any pointers as far as part sourcing? I would prefer to not have to keep her in the garage all winter while i wait for parts to ship.

Check the Mud thread for 'Impex' and AHC globes - don't buy them at your local dealer, unless you want to spend a lot more. I would not order parts for the sunroof until you inspect and lube what's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom