For Sale 1997 LX450 - Built - Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm hoping to build a house in the spring and may need to consolidate my trucks (also listing an '04 100 series). I'm not pressed to sell, but if the right person is interested, may let it go.

I purchased this 80 in May of 2014 from a guy in PA who supposedly got it from southern California. The undercarriage and carfax records align with that, as it has little to no rust whatsoever. I have a "beater" tundra for those duties so the cruisers dont get eaten up.

During my ownership, it has been used as a weekend toy and I've probably put less than 10k miles on it.

Here is the basic info:

- 1997 Lexus LX450
- Currently at 279k miles.
- Factory Lockers
- Head gasket was said to be replaced, but no receipt was provided when I bought it.
- Full recent tune up with air filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
- New exhaust
- OME 2.5" heavy lift front and rear
- Rancho 9000 shocks
- 4.88 gears
- Adjustable panhards front and rear
- Whiteline front swaybar
- Caster Plates
- New OEM Toyota bushing on front control arms - frame and axle side (6 in total)
- Recent front axle rebuild by OTRAMM
- BFGoodrich AT's - 315's on black LX450 wheels. Full Size Spare included
- Bump it Offroad step sliders - added this year (not pictured)
- Front ARB with pencil beam lights
- T-max winch with synthetic line
- One-Off Rear bumper with dual swing outs. Bumper is solid but fit and finish is a 7 out of 10.
- Specter Tuff Duck front seat covers - brown
- Husky mats front and rear. Weather tech cargo mat.
- New front/rear speakers. Factor Lexus head unit
- New factory carpet
- Dynamat installed throughout
- NO third row seat included.

Price - $12,500.

Please note - I have not extensively researched the going rate for built, clean, high mileage 80's. The price is indicative of what the truck is worth to me and what I'd need to get out of it to warrant letting it go.

If the right buyer does not come along, I will likely keep it and hope to one day swap in a 2UZ or LS motor. I feel it's a great candidate for that, given the work that's gone into it and realization that some extra power would make it a very fun vehicle.

Serious buyers can email me at bdowns05@yahoo.com

vgsdf.JPG
jj.JPG
uy.JPG

Last edited:
Emailed you with some questions..... :bounce:

Great seller here, I will vouch.

I got a buddy who's pretty interested. Could you post or send some more pics? Maybe of the engine bay and undercarriage?

Any would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Is this still available? Pics of under carriage, engine, rear with the door closed?

Outside chance this might be up on the block again soon. Since last posted, I have added 10k miles.

Truck now sits at 290k.
1" body lift added
OME J springs all around
New double din head unit
WKO sliders with 1" Body lift accommodation
Corbeau Sport seats added up front.

Price - $12.5k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom