Builds 1996 KZJ78W Land Cruiser Prado (J78) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha. 26Z color code, that’s actually dark emerald. When I do a polish and wax with the buffer, dust doesn’t stick!

You need a dustier/muddier road.....love the steering wheel

And taller/narrower tires.

Fat tires are rough on wheel/bearings/etc

Due to age you should seriously consider pre-emtively R&R front and rear axle seals/knuckle bearings/wheel bearings and be done with it

Its not difficult, just time consuming and can be done with simple tools

Bringing this one back to the top.

I ordered the Dobinsons Stock Height Restoration kit and it's on the way as we speak. I like the current height on my J78 but the suspension is pretty clapped out so I'll just knock this one out. I think maybe an inch of lift would be just right so I'm hoping it's adjustable and/or will settle in. I do not want 2" of lift on this grocery getter.

I also ordered a replacement OEM grille from Japan. It looks fine from this angle but when you get up close, you can see the chrome finishing wearing off at places.

I'm considering replacing the exhaust system which is pretty rusted at this point and sounds like it might have a leak or a hole.

I'm inclined to keep the factory alloys but I want to get a quote on powder coating them the same color for a refresh. If it's reasonable, I'll probably go in that direction.

Tires are in good shape so I'll probably hold onto them for another year or two.

Any suggestions, gang?

LumixSync_copy_2023-09-17 00_31_55 +0000JpegFile.jpg

What EGR delete kit did you purchase? I'm looking at doing the same on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom