For Sale 1996 hzj73 landcruiser $26,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/d/bellingham-rare-toyotas-for-sale-hzj73/7265747730.html
Sweet land cruiser for sale as new as you can get. Some small blemishes in the body but overall great vehicle interior very clean starts and runs great removable top, snorkel, manual transmission what more could you want?...

please don't say lhd

20210121_142034.jpg

Last edited:
$5K. I'll come pick it up next week! So excited! 😜

My point was that Mud classifieds requires a price or the moderators may delete the listing. Without a price we smartasses will low-ball the crap out of you until you post a price.

I know it's on the Craigslist ad, but since you are the owner it helps to repeat it on the thread for both people browsing as well as for the history of sales this site provides by retaining for sale threads.

Nice looking rig. GLWS!

My point was that Mud classifieds requires a price or the moderators may delete the listing. Without a price we smartasses will low-ball the crap out of you until you post a price.

I know it's on the Craigslist ad, but since you are the owner it helps to repeat it on the thread for both people browsing as well as for the history of sales this site provides by retaining for sale threads.

Nice looking rig. GLWS!
My offer still stands

Found this in your Craigslist ad ?

"1st up we have a 1996 short wheelbase 70 series land cruiser with a 1hz motor, manual transmission and removable top. Runs and drives like a champ pretty sure it's the only one for sale in North America. Prime candidate for a restoration. sold as parts for now eledgible for import this october... $26,000"

So you are gonna sell it for parts now and let the new owner try to title and register it in October of 2021 when it becomes "legal" ? This will probably end in a total clusterfuck because you can only legally import and title a vehicle when it is 25 years old when imported and brought trough customs , not afterwards so BUYER BEWARE on this !

Found this in your Craigslist ad ?

"1st up we have a 1996 short wheelbase 70 series land cruiser with a 1hz motor, manual transmission and removable top. Runs and drives like a champ pretty sure it's the only one for sale in North America. Prime candidate for a restoration. sold as parts for now eledgible for import this october... $26,000"

So you are gonna sell it for parts now and let the new owner try to title and register it in October of 2021 when it becomes "legal" ? This will probably end in a total clusterfuck because you can only legally import and title a vehicle when it is 25 years old when imported and brought trough customs , not afterwards so BUYER BEWARE on this !
I think you are misunderstanding, I probably should have worded my post better. I'm happy to be transparent about the process. I'll update the ad and clear it up here as well.

If someone wants to purchase outright, does not want to wait, and does not care about registering/plating in the United States I'm willing to sell now but it would be for parts only. If someone wanted to register and tag for the US they would need to do so with me in october.. I have dual citizenship, have gone over the border several times since the closure.

A couple years ago I had no problem doing something similar with a hilux surf. In that case the buyer left a deposit, took possession of the surf and a notarized a document stating bill of sale pending until shortly after it turned 25 leased in the meantime. No matter what they own the vehicle after the lease or after importation it is structured so that the vehicle remains eligible for import. I'll admit it's more hassle then a typical vehicle sale but as far as I know this is the only option for someone in the US that wants to stay in the US and inspect/reserve a 24 year old hzj73.

I think you are misunderstanding, I probably should have worded my post better. I'm happy to be transparent about the process. I'll update the ad and clear it up here as well.

If someone wants to purchase outright, does not want to wait, and does not care about registering/plating in the United States I'm willing to sell now but it would be for parts only. If someone wanted to register and tag for the US they would need to do so with me in october.. I have dual citizenship, have gone over the border several times since the closure.

A couple years ago I had no problem doing something similar with a hilux surf. In that case the buyer left a deposit, took possession of the surf and a notarized a document stating bill of sale pending until shortly after it turned 25 leased in the meantime. No matter what they own the vehicle after the lease or after importation it is structured so that the vehicle remains eligible for import. I'll admit it's more hassle then a typical vehicle sale but as far as I know this is the only option for someone in the US that wants to stay in the US and inspect/reserve a 24 year old hzj73.
Yeah and if this was "Legally correct" we would all be driving leased VDJ79's at this moment

Yeah and if this was "Legally correct" we would all be driving leased VDJ79's at this moment
Driving while not registered is a bad idea I do not reccomend. also you cannot import a vdj79 for another year as they were released in 2007 and vehicles need to be 15 to go to canada.. they usually get swooped well before they turn 15 too so it would be tricky even if it was eledgible then they would need to lease for 10 years no one wants to do that.. im offering a chance to look at the vehicle in their own country before the buy.. any other situation with a 24yo hzj73 would require you to fly and find storage over seas until it becomes eligible my method is much more convenient

Driving while not registered is a bad idea I do not reccomend. also you cannot import a vdj79 for another year as they were released in 2007 and vehicles need to be 15 to go to canada.. they usually get swooped well before they turn 15 too so it would be tricky even if it was eledgible then they would need to lease for 10 years no one wants to do that.. im offering a chance to look at the vehicle in their own country before the buy.. any other situation with a 24yo hzj73 would require you to fly and find storage over seas until it becomes eligible my method is much more convenient
If your "loophole" was legal there would be a line of people wanting to drive a leased VDJ79 and when titled somewhere in Mexico or any other Central American country you could "lease" a 2021 following your logic.
You might be better off selling it again to a Canadian and then he can sell it to a gringo once it has passed the 25 year old statute .

If your "loophole" was legal there would be a line of people wanting to drive a leased VDJ79 and when titled somewhere in Mexico or any other Central American country you could "lease" a 2021 following your logic.
You might be better off selling it again to a Canadian and then he can sell it to a gringo once it has passed the 25 year old statute .
My loophole is legal as long as you do not drive it on public roads until it is imported.. I am not trying to imply cad registration and insurance is transferable.. there are three options here buy now for parts, buy now with lease and park till import in october, or cross your fingers and hope I will still have it come october after I do the process myself. One could import as you are describing but would have to wait 25 years to drive it versus 6 months, is that really even comparable?

Just slap on a papp magic black box and it is legal!

Kidding aside...good luck with the sale.

Sweet land cruiser for sale as new as you can get. Some small blemishes in the body but overall great vehicle interior very clean starts and runs great removable top, snorkel, manual transmission what more could you want?...

please don't say lhd

View attachment 2560870
LHD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom