SOLD Utah: 1990 HZJ73 automatic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(46, 47, 63)
I thought long and hard about posting this one on Mud after the small fiasco of my listing on Facebook.
See here: SOLD - Bend, OR: 1990 HZJ73 Clean Oregon Title - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bend-or-1990-hzj73-clean-oregon-title.1309801/
Hopefully that doesn't deter anyone from taking a look at this cruiser. This is now my 3rd 70 and after owning this one for a few months I've realized that I'm content with my troopy.
There isn't much that needs to be done to the vehicle. Notable things would be to replace the windshield as the current one is cracked, add a correct size spare and fix the small tear in the drivers seat. (pics attached)
Rust: This car is mostly rust free with a few small spots in the windshield frame (replacement rust free frame included in the sale) as well as a small area in the rocker panel.
Zero bondo with original factory paint.

Other than that, the vehicle runs smooth, shifts nice and keeps cool in the desert heat. Has AC converted to R134.
A couple things I've done to it since owning it:
Full fluids change.
New brake pads.
Full suspension/drivetrain grease.
Alignment.
Amsteel blue synthetic cable + Factor55 winch hook.
Outdated CB radio replaced with a Midland GMRS unit.
Arm rests.
Sun visors.
Brand new OEM steering wheel from Yemen. (Very tempted to pull this and put it on the troopy.)
Deep clean, stickers removed.

Things I may or may not get around to doing over the next few weeks (will not affect listed price since I already have the parts) :
Knuckle rebuild
Full size spare
Carpeting
Exhaust repair
Various other bits and bobs laying around in my garage that need a car to go to.

Kilometers: 308968

In light of my previous listing and the reaction it got I'll be listing this vehicle at $21000.
Feel free to discuss the pricing amongst your friend groups or directly with me. If this post gets out of hand I'll gladly show myself out of the Mud community as that isn't what I believe to be constructive discussion.

Cheers
20230731_195819.jpg

20230731_201926.jpg

20230630_160117.jpg

20230630_125117.jpg

20230630_125159.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a solid deal to me. Don't let the classifieds run you off from MUD. The classifieds can be brutal sometimes (unfairly) but the kinship and support on the forums is awesome. Glad you are here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom